Good piece on NCAA tourney by Matt Lepay (voice of UW)

While reading it I found myself replacing "Wisconsin" with "Minnesota" and it would read the same. There's no reason a program like ours (or the Badgers) can't reach the pinnacle. There were two teams slapping us in the face with that reality (Butler & VCU) the last 3-4 weeks.

While reading it I found myself replacing "Wisconsin" with "Minnesota" and it would read the same. There's no reason a program like ours (or the Badgers) can't reach the pinnacle. There were two teams slapping us in the face with that reality (Butler & VCU) the last 3-4 weeks.

Exactly. It shows teams that are not full of one and done players and 5-star recruits can still compete and win the title. Butler has been close two years straight now. Large part due to Stevens, but also due to the simple nature of the tournament and college basketball.

I also appreciated that even as a Wisconsin fan he was very objective. For example, many UW fans will argue until they are red in the face that they are just as good as Duke, UK, UNC, etc. Nice to see a fan that realizes very few programs are at that level and there is no shame in not being there.

Top Bottom