Good or bad...IU student sues over Title XI biased

armygopher

Reaction score
Check out IU student sues university over Title XI biased. Its on Fox59.com here in Indy. Accused of rape, sues over bias against male students, defamation of character...read it. Not saying anyone is right, wrong, guilty or not.

Check out IU student sues university over Title XI biased. Its on Fox59.com here in Indy. Accused of rape, sues over bias against male students, defamation of character...read it. Not saying anyone is right, wrong, guilty or not.

Might want to edit the title of the thread to get the roman numerals in the right place.

Here is the link. Doesn't totally apply in our current situation but does raise some valid points, especially in the way alcohol relates to the situation on both sides (not just the girl).

http://fox59.com/2016/12/26/former-iu-student-files-lawsuit-accusing-university-of-gender-bias-in-rape-investigations/

Might want to edit the title of the thread to get the roman numerals in the right place.

Here is the link. Doesn't totally apply in our current situation but does raise some valid points, especially in the way alcohol relates to the situation on both sides (not just the girl).

http://fox59.com/2016/12/26/former-iu-student-files-lawsuit-accusing-university-of-gender-bias-in-rape-investigations/

It certainly is interesting...kind of turns everything on its head. Just a hunch on my part, but I'm guesing even a little investigative reporting would uncover some real inconsistencies in the EOAA office at the U. A real shame if this is what's happening...a well intentioned regulation that has been stretched far beyond its original scope. Some might even say exploited.

Good...I hope dozens of these case start working themselves through the courts and eventually end up in the Supreme Court...the rights of the accused is a core principal of justice in this country.

Good...I hope dozens of these case start working themselves through the courts and eventually end up in the Supreme Court...the rights of the accused is a core principal of justice in this country.
+100

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

If title nine wasn't bad enough, now title eleven!

The more I read about some of these Title IX investigations the more troubled I feel about them. Seems like a well intentioned policy gone awry.

I don't know why this guy is bothering to sue. Guy is white and MennoSota has assured us that only black students get punished.

I don't know why this guy is bothering to sue. Guy is white and MennoSota has assured us that only black students get punished.
Moron, I have consistently pointed to our University, not other universities. Your lack of comprehension is appalling. Go back to Wisconsin and your skunk.

Disputes like this is why colleges have EOAA investigations, hearings, and appeals. It is not possible to resolve situations like this without such a process. On a percentage basis, I would guess criminal defendants claim police, prosecutors, judges, and juries are biased against them far more often than college students claim bias when they are accused of violating the Student Code of Conduct. Yet, there are many posters in the OT board who refuse to admit there is even a smidgen of bias in the criminal justice system. It was quite amusing to see some of those very same posters on the Football Board last week joining the rest of the mob who are so convinced the EOAA investigation is completely biased against the players and there is no way they will get a fair hearing from the U.

Disputes like this is why colleges have EOAA investigations, hearings, and appeals. It is not possible to resolve situations like this without such a process. On a percentage basis, I would guess criminal defendants claim police, prosecutors, judges, and juries are biased against them far more often than college students claim bias when they are accused of violating the Student Code of Conduct. Yet, there are many posters in the OT board who refuse to admit there is even a smidgen of bias in the criminal justice system. It was quite amusing to see some of those very same posters on the Football Board last week joining the rest of the mob who are so convinced the EOAA investigation is completely biased against the players and there is no way they will get a fair hearing from the U.

It is completely biased, and there is no way they will get a fair hearing. The criminal justice system is also biased but the defendants have a fighting chance. There is a difference.

The EOAA ,mandates were carefully designed to enable easier guilty verdicts, not to find justice or the truth. The criminal justice system evolved past this back in the 1700s continuing through the
Bill of Rights to where it is today. Perfect? Not close. Better than the EOAA process? Infinitely. Back to the Future, indeed.

Top Bottom