Good News Story about almost Gopher Seantrel Henderson

Good for him. The rocky road may have led him to the perfect spot.

he was never almost a gopher.

Who is this Seantrel Henderson you speak of?

he was never almost a gopher.

Yes he was. Story with him is that he wanted to stay home and be around his friends and fam and was planning on doing so until his pops came in and pressured him into going elsewhere. Fully believe that he would've been here otherwise. Anyways it's good to see him starting to tap into that talent

Yes he was. Story with him is that he wanted to stay home and be around his friends and fam and was planning on doing so until his pops came in and pressured him into going elsewhere. Fully believe that he would've been here otherwise. Anyways it's good to see him starting to tap into that talent

Hopefully his dad's hip hop career is thriving.

Good for him. The rocky road may have led him to the perfect spot.

Buffalo is exactly what he needed. It's a tough no nonsense town, who love the Bills. All they ask is you give it all, and they will embrace you. There is little to nothing to do in Buffalo in the winter except shovel snow, and his focus should be on the job.

Why are some of you knocking his dad for not wanting his kid to play for Brewster? Seantrel was the #1 prospect in the country, and his dad likely realized that if he went to the right school, he could have potentially been a top 10 pick. In hindsight, we can now say that maybe things would have been different if he committed to the Gophers, rather than USC and then Miami, but at the time, you can't blame his dad for driving Seantrel away from Brewster.

I think where this program is at now, is where you can be upset at a parent for steering their son away from the Gophers.

Why are some of you knocking his dad for not wanting his kid to play for Brewster? Seantrel was the #1 prospect in the country, and his dad likely realized that if he went to the right school, he could have potentially been a top 10 pick. In hindsight, we can now say that maybe things would have been different if he committed to the Gophers, rather than USC and then Miami, but at the time, you can't blame his dad for driving Seantrel away from Brewster.

I think where this program is at now, is where you can be upset at a parent for steering their son away from the Gophers.

That is a good take.

Personally, I think it is time to let this one go. As a Gopher fan it was better that he didn't come here. End of story for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did his dad say he didn't want his son to play for Brewster? Thanks in advance.

I think where this program is at now, is where you can be upset at a parent for steering their son away from the Gophers.[/QUOTE

Not sure I agree...going to the U worked out fine for Rashede Hageman. The biggest issue is that the decision seemed like it had more to due with Daddy's interest in hanging out with hip hop moguls than anything to do with Brewster. Besides, if you're an NFL talent they'll find you. If you don't believe me, ask Billy Turner, Cedric Thompson, or Jim Langer.

When did his dad say he didn't want his son to play for Brewster? Thanks in advance.

The posts I am referring to are ones based on the rumor that Seantrel's dad steered his son away from the Gophers...who was their head coach, and what direction was the program headed in at that time? Pretty self explanatory.

Not sure I agree...going to the U worked out fine for Rashede Hageman. The biggest issue is that the decision seemed like it had more to due with Daddy's interest in hanging out with hip hop moguls than anything to do with Brewster. Besides, if you're an NFL talent they'll find you. If you don't believe me, ask Billy Turner, Cedric Thompson, or Jim Langer.
Hageman was nowhere near the recruit that Seantrel was, and it didnt seem there was even a consensus of which position he would play. And of course if you have NFL talent you will get found, but it sure would be easier to spot at a school like USC or Miami over a Tim Brewster lead Gopher program.

Coaching is a big part of it when you are a 5 star recruit like Seantrel. Which coach can help me in my pursuit of an NFL career?

I'm reading some stuff on Henderson's recruitment right now, I didnt realize how big his dad was in it. I moved out of Minnesota around 2006, so I guess I didnt catch all this side of the story.

Still can't blame a dad for not wanting their son to play for Brewster's Gophers though.

I'm reading some stuff on Henderson's recruitment right now, I didnt realize how big his dad was in it. I moved out of Minnesota around 2006, so I guess I didnt catch all this side of the story.

Still can't blame a dad for not wanting their son to play for Brewster's Gophers though.

I think what others were hinting at was that his dad wanted him to go to a "flashier" and more popular program like USC and Miami. I'm not sure anyone knows if Brewster being the coach had anything to do with it.

Family stuff is rarely fair to judge from the outside. That said it seems the dad was in it for himself. Early on JD Prides dad basically played the father role in his recruitment as he drove him and JD to camps and all of that. Rumor was that he was really planning to stay home as he wasnt in to the spotlight and all that. His pops then came into the picture after being either somewhat absentee or completely MIA (can't remember which) and all the sudden he was only looking at USC, Miami and schools in those big markets. He was an amateur rapper and told everyone he would move to whatever city Seantrel went to school at and everything seemed to point to him helmet chasing and trying to further his own rap career. Now that is that families choice and its not a huge deal other than the fact that all these fans of schools cared about where his kid ended up

Top Bottom