Good News in Southwest Minnesota!!!

WolfontheProwl

Reaction score
The Big Ten NEtwork is coming to Knology. The Big Ten Network begins September 1st on channel 26. Great to have the ability to watch more Gopher sports after a couple years without.

I am officially eating crow after my anti-BTN post on this issue a couple of days ago. If that's what it took to finally get the BTN in the great Southwest, crow has never tasted so good!!

Actually, while I know that my tirade on here had absolutely nothing to do with the addition of the BTN on just ONE of the two cable companies in this region, how foolish my posts on here would look came to mind right away when I read this news in the paper today. Oh well...at least we are now part of 70% of all American TV homes.

I am officially eating crow after my anti-BTN post on this issue a couple of days ago. If that's what it took to finally get the BTN in the great Southwest, crow has never tasted so good!!

Actually, while I know that my tirade on here had absolutely nothing to do with the addition of the BTN on just ONE of the two cable companies in this region, how foolish my posts on here would look came to mind right away when I read this news in the paper today. Oh well...at least we are now part of 70% of all American TV homes.

I don't think having your local cable company finally get BTN requires eating crow. It is pretty ridiculous that they don't have 100% or near 100% cable penetration in at least the B10 footprint and its a disservice to fans to pretend otherwise.

BTN is still not in the Omaha market - Cox cable says BTN makes ridiculous financial demands...means I have to go to a sports bar.

That has been the problem.

The BTN asked for crazy amount per viewer for Big Ten Area cable buyers. Its to bad I have had to miss so many games to add the channel. That being said its starting just in time for me to see a good number of Gopher Games.

I live in southeast, and our cable provider is Mediacom... has anyone heard of anything new with their service in Minnesota? I know they provided BTN in Iowa before last years football season started, but have yet to get it to us. Need to know if I will need to change to Dish prior to the first game or not. Thanks.

I live in southeast, and our cable provider is Mediacom... has anyone heard of anything new with their service in Minnesota? I know they provided BTN in Iowa before last years football season started, but have yet to get it to us. Need to know if I will need to change to Dish prior to the first game or not. Thanks.

best suggestion......call mediacom......if they say they still are not going to add it go to directv or dish........that is b.s. that the company is providing BTN in one part of the big ten footprint (screw iowa), but not in the other. i would have dumped mediacom and gone to a dish service right away just because of that little stunt.

Mediacom is doing the same thing in Luverne and Worthington too. They said over a year ago that the BTN was coming and it still isn't here. It's in Iowa, though, as I believe Mediacom is based there...in Ames I think. At least they have corporate offices there.

About 2 weeks ago I called Mediacom to yell at them one more time before switching to dish, and the person that assisted me told me that it is to be rolled out in my area on the 27th (tomorrow), but since then I can't find anything on it in the papers or on-line... so, I called back today, and the person that helped me this time said there is no date and that they are still working on rolling it out, but to just check back!? I would switch to dish, but the cost is approx. $50/ month diff. Guess I will wait and see if it shows up tomorrow, and report back.

By the way, I have been fighting with them since opening game of last year, have season tickets so it didn't kill me on home games.

Top Bottom