Good Luck against Northern Illinois from a Hawkeye

PapaHawk21

Reaction score
Urgency and redemption for both Iowa and Minnesota this week against inferior opponents. If Minnesota contains Chad Spann, the gophers should win this game going away. Iowa should dominate Ball State but the Hawks have many areas that need improvement. If Iowa has any hope of a BCS bowl opportunity they must dominate Ball State. Minnesota must have this if they still hope for a bowl-berth. Good Luck and win for the big 10!

Not sure I'd be confident about the Gophers winning any game "going away", let alone calling any opponent they play "inferior". At the very worst, NIU is battle-tested, having played competitive games vs. two BCS opponents (Iowa State & Illinois) similar to or better than the Gophers. No reason not to expect this game to come down to the final few minutes.

Thanks. Tough loss at Arizona but early season losses haven't hurt Iowa, Ohio State, etc. in the past. Ferentz seems a good November coach. We could go any which way: 3-9, 5-7, 6-6.

I am sure it goes both ways, but Iowa fans are the worst college football fans of all. I wish your team nothing but bad luck. Call me what you want, but please don't come on a rival's website each week and wish us good luck. I was at the game where your degenerate brothern took our goal posts down and tried to get them out of the dome. How pathetic! I have to admit that I do like your coach. Good luck this year in b-ball.....you are going to need it.

I am sure it goes both ways, but Iowa fans are the worst college football fans of all. I wish your team nothing but bad luck. Call me what you want, but please don't come on a rival's website each week and wish us good luck. I was at the game where your degenerate brothern took our goal posts down and tried to get them out of the dome. How pathetic! I have to admit that I do like your coach. Good luck this year in b-ball.....you are going to need it.

I disagree. I have found many that show up to games in Minneapolis to be obnoxious for sure, but the funny thing is a lot of those folks live around here and are from Iowa originally or went to school there.

When I was in Iowa last year, I found the vast, vast majority of fans gracious and knowledgeable about college football. Those that gave us a hard time did it in a good-natured way. This in stark contrast to the many trips to Madison I've taken over the years, where the fans are hostile and abusive to opposing fans.

That said, I hope we kick the living *&^! out of the hawkeyes in November.

Iowa fans have their problems, but they can't hold a candle to Wisky fans. That crowd is the worst in the Big Ten by a long shot. Stupid, rude, drunk, and should know better.

As much as Iowa pisses me off.. Wisconsin does so more. Maybe that's because I grew up there? Anyway, every Iowa fan I know personally, are great people. We rib each other, make fun and all that.. but as people, I can't be more proud to call them friends (or family in some cases).

All of my high school friends are Wiscy fans, so I have a deep hatred for them. They are ok people too (haha!), but something about their brash attitudes that irks me.

This is why Wisconsin is the ONLY Big Ten team I cheer against 100% of the time. When Iowa isn't playing us, the Cyclones, or other Big Ten teams not named Wisconsin, I'm cheering for them to win.

My hope is that NIU blew their wad last week against the instate "dark side"

I think we have a bit more to play for this week.

Top Bottom