Golden Gopher Fund Launches Spring Auction

Agree with Houston, but it’s probably hard to auction experiences amidst COVID.

One thing did stand out: Coach Fleck with several items and they still are drawing a sizeable premium to DT and Eric Decker.

Most of this stuff is pretty lame in my humble opinion.
I don't think so. If your a Gopher fan and have some money to spend, these items would be great for your man cave. Remember this is a fundraiser not a give away. I'm curious, what were you thinking?

I don't think so. If your a Gopher fan and have some money to spend, these items would be great for your man cave. Remember this is a fundraiser not a give away. I'm curious, what were you thinking?
There are those that complain and criticize, and those that do.

I’m bidding on a couple of these for the man cave. Some cool items in there IMO.

I was really hoping for a lot of Mitch Liedner autographed footballs with scuff marks from where the ball hit the ground in front of the receiver.

Agree with Houston, but it’s probably hard to auction experiences amidst COVID.

One thing did stand out: Coach Fleck with several items and they still are drawing a sizeable premium to DT and Eric Decker.

Yeah, the Fleck and RTB stuff is already big up pretty high. Over $400 for each of the signed footballs. Wowzers. Richard Pitino basketball, $90. HOF'er Paul Molitor signed helmet, $100.

Here are some thoughts on auction items, first of all most of the gear is older stuff...

1. Start keeping all of Fleck's game day shoes for auction.
2. Some of the new chrome helmets that are the bomb instead of that outdated head gear
3. Three individual spaces of golf with Fleck, Pitino etc.... at nice courses in the area.
4. Special tailgate spot, reserved
5. Private 1 hour shooting and basketball skills with Coach Pitino (bid is for 3 kids)
6. Access to the coaches, facilities etc would have more appeal to me. There are a million ways to offer personalized experiences that would be appealing for many fans.

Feel free to fill in the empty spots of what would appeal to you and would raise funds for the athletic department.

I was really hoping for a lot of Mitch Liedner autographed footballs with scuff marks from where the ball hit the ground in front of the receiver.
You missed out on them. They were sold at the last spring auction.

Here are some thoughts on auction items, first of all most of the gear is older stuff...

2. Some of the new chrome helmets that are the bomb instead of that outdated head gear
3. Three individual spaces of golf with Fleck, Pitino etc.... at nice courses in the area.
5. Private 1 hour shooting and basketball skills with Coach Pitino (bid is for 3 kids)
6. Access to the coaches, facilities etc would have more appeal to me. There are a million ways to offer personalized experiences that would be appealing for many fans.

Feel free to fill in the empty spots of what would appeal to you and would raise funds for the athletic department.

These are great ideas. I especially agree on the "access" point. Maybe they already do this for high dollar donors who wouldn't normally bid on things online, but anything that brings you into closer contact with the team or facilities would likely fetch high dollars. Unlikely during COVID, but in the future how about...
  • Being in the locker room for a pregame speech
  • Taking the team charter to an away game
  • Renting out the TCF locker room and field for a group of friends (a la the Twins AA team)
  • Personal training session with strength & conditioning staff
  • Eat with the team after practice or the night before a game

These are great ideas. I especially agree on the "access" point. Maybe they already do this for high dollar donors who wouldn't normally bid on things online, but anything that brings you into closer contact with the team or facilities would likely fetch high dollars. Unlikely during COVID, but in the future how about...
  • Being in the locker room for a pregame speech
  • Taking the team charter to an away game
  • Renting out the TCF locker room and field for a group of friends (a la the Twins AA team)
  • Personal training session with strength & conditioning staff
  • Eat with the team after practice or the night before a game
Excellent ideas! I understand part of the barrier to getting these items is coaches time, but for the right amount of money they all seem realistic.

7. A Fast-Pass in the men's room at TCF Bank Stadium.
8. A Fast-Pass good at any concession stand and beer vendors at TCF Bank Stadium.
9. Free "All you can eat!" coupons for Dairy Queen Dilly Bars TCF Bank Stadium.*

* Coupon only valid when temperature falls below 20° F.

This auction is to get rid of stuff they don’t really want or is easy for them to get. Very few unique items.
The stuff people are posting about would be available for the right price. If you have to ask how much, you probably can’t afford it.
I’m currently winning 5 auctions. Hoping I get outbid on 2-3

Mark Coyle eloquence training session?

I forgot to log back in there to bid on one particular item I was meaning to grab for my man basement.

Top Bottom