Golden Domers

BTChamp

Reaction score
I'd like the thought of the Golden Gophers having golden lids (only temporary of course) like Notre Dame (not identical, but similar). As far as I know no other team has "Golden" in their official name (I'm sure there are but I'm dumb)!!!!. I'm not talking actual gold flakes like ND, but make the "Golden" part of the name mean something special. I don't mean every game for the next 10 years, but it would be pure gold if they did it once a year. Like Senior Day.

What do you think? Similar color lids to Notre Dame, once a year. Minnesota claims the rights to have "Golden Domers"

Edit: I forgot the Golden Flashes of Kent State.

Last edited:

I like our gold chrome helmets....

I think we'd have to put a tower with a gold dome to even think about your idea here and ... I kinda don't like the sound of that nickname.

As I've said many times before.... I think our chrome gold helmets look cool....for another team. Metallic gold is not our school color. I think brands should stick to their branding and I love our maroon and gold.

Last edited:

I like our gold chrome helmets....

I think we'd have to put a tower with a gold dome to even think about your idea here and ... I kinda don't like the sound of that nickname.
But it's gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm joking. I just thought about ND's helmets and thought the U could do something like it once a year. Not a big a deal, it won't happen anyway. Just wanted to know what people thought.

As I've said many times before.... I think our chrome gold helmets look cool....for another team. Metallic gold is not our school color. I think brands should stick to their branding and I love our maroon and gold.
Don't make me come over there and step on your lawn!!!!

Hey, I liked the old 'metallic' gold uniforms.

I still think the Gophers' "gold" is too close to yellow.

Perhaps there's a tie between The Golden Gophers and The Golden Valley which I hear lies just west of Minneapolis but seems surprisingly remote.

Golden Gophers is the only motto I'd accept. Golden Domers or whatever is a very bad idea.

I'd like the thought of the Golden Gophers having golden lids (only temporary of course) like Notre Dame (not identical, but similar). As far as I know no other team has "Golden" in their official name (I'm sure there are but I'm dumb)!!!!. I'm not talking actual gold flakes like ND, but make the "Golden" part of the name mean something special. I don't mean every game for the next 10 years, but it would be pure gold if they did it once a year. Like Senior Day.

What do you think? Similar color lids to Notre Dame, once a year. Minnesota claims the rights to have "Golden Domers"

Edit: I forgot the Golden Flashes of Kent State.
Also the California Golden Bears. Marquette doesn’t play football, but they’re the Golden Eagles.

The chrome gold helmets are solid, and looked great against Penn State. But I'm still more of a fan of the non-metallic gold shade. I think it just looks fantastic in contrast to the maroon. Look how nice it was here:

Even though it looks more "yellow," I think the shade just looks right for the Gophers. It works for the hockey and basketball teams too.

I personally prefer either the "yellow" gold or "chrome" gold we have now to ND's gold helmets. I also feel like changing to theirs is like a little bit cheesy, like holding ND to a standard they haven't deserved in 50 years.

Ummm, here are the official colors. Pantone numbers noted.1593547062116.png

Isn't there a TV show called "Gold Rush"? Use that as a name for our rushing attack.

And then, when it's raining hard at TCF, we can be called the "Golden Sho...".
Uh, nevermind.

PA System:

HEY EVERYBODY THE GOPHERS SCORED A TOUCHDOWN, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!!

IT'S

TIME

FOR

A

GOLDEN

GOPHER

SHOWER!!!!

(i used the offical colors!)

I'm pretty much golden from 100 yards on in with my wedge, but other than that, I prefer the dark maroon, dark gold combo, and hold the nicknames. Those emerge organically

Top Bottom