Go Penn State!

Saber

Reaction score
Looking good at Virginia in the 2nd half... up 8 with around 7:12 to play.

It's a game that a lot of people have picked the ACC to win, so would go a long way to getting the Big 10 off on the right foot in this Challenge.

Battle's playing very well, and their freshman PG Frasier has been impressive also.

They're bricking a lot of freethrows right now though, they're going to need to hit some, they're just getting tight.

PSU up 4 with 1:15 to go.

This Zeglinski character for Virginia is a ridiculously good 3 point shooter.

PSU's hiccups from the FT stripe continue, but behind a career high 30 points from Battle, PSU wins their 3rd straight ACC/B10 Challenge game, this one on the road against Virginia, putting the B10 up 1-0 on the ACC. Things really get interesting tomorrow night with a bunch of matchups that favor the ACC.

Hey, nice win for PSU. I don't think anybody had them winning this one. Maybe we can pull it out after all...

Big Ten off to a great start. Hopefully we pull off a few upsets and the rest take care of business so the Big Ten can regain some respsect that they may have lost this past week. As much as I dislike Wisconsin, I would love to see them beat Duke.

I'd like to see MSU beat UNC before Wisky beating Duke. Felt bad for them in both beatdowns last year. But I always like watching those Dookies lose too.

Wow that was stressful; especially considering the Lions were up 9 with 1:31 left. If the Gophers could have hit just one 3 at the end the other night...

That said, I said in my Big Ten / ACC Challenge prediction that the Lions would lose (and thus, the ACC would win 6-5); and also said somewhere else that the Lions wouldn't win 15 games this year. Hopefully I'm wrong on both accounts, but I do believe that this was a fluke game, not the norm. Battle is good, but he won't put up 30 often enough this year; especially with poor inside help on the Lions. Or, then again, maybe he's the next coming of Allen Iverson.

I was at the game. Niether team is very good, Taylor Battle was simply much better then Sylvan Landesberg tonight. It was a good game I guess, but 4:00 of UVa hacking and shooting 3's got a little old even though it almost worked.

Also, this game proved why UVa fans who thought Tubby should come because it was a 'better job' are delusional. The sparkling new arena was not even half full. It was rather pathetic. The 'We Are..Penn State' chants were almost as loud as anything else.

...Also, this game proved why UVa fans who thought Tubby should come because it was a 'better job' are delusional. The sparkling new arena was not even half full. It was rather pathetic. The 'We Are..Penn State' chants were almost as loud as anything else.

Nice to hear! We are...Penn State!

Top Bottom