Go here to follow the NU regents chat

The meeting has started. They went through some BS and now it's gone to closed session.

A hush has fallen over the internet crowd in anticipation of what we already know to be true.

I can tell you what's going on in the meeting:

"All in favor of joining the Big Ten say Aye!"
"Aye!"
"All opposed?"
... silence...
"Well, I guess we can adjourn then."
"... but these are really good doughnuts."
"and the meat and cheese platters are really good"
"If we adjourn now, we won't be able to eat all of this!"
"Yeah, we'll have to leave it for the grad students to eat!"
"So, we're in agreement then, the meeting goes on."

Two hours later:
"I move that we proceed to the cheesecake portion of the agenda"
"Aye!"

The meeting ends when someone says "it's just a wafer thin mint..."

I'm listening to the KOZN (ESPN affiliate in Omaha) stream, it's pretty good. During the closed session they are taking calls and all their personalities are on at once. I will say this about the station, they all love Nebraska sports it's like Vikings love on KFAN.

http://1620thezone.com/KOZN-Streaming-Player/5942098

It's over baby! Kansas City Star is reporting NU informed Big XI of it's move this morning.

Lincoln Star guy just said their sources have said all week it's a done deal.

Omaha World Herald reporting that Jim Delaney called Dan Beebe this morning and informed him that the Big 10 offered and it was accepted by Nebraska. The Huskers have a press conference scheduled for 4:45 pm today. Brewster's job just got a lot tougher.

Omaha World Herald reporting that Jim Delaney called Dan Beebe this morning and informed him that the Big 10 offered and it was accepted by Nebraska. The Huskers have a press conference scheduled for 4:45 pm today. Brewster's job just got a lot tougher.

and I'm guessing your chubby just got a little harder.....

How do you figure?

Carter and Watkins are Special!

Well, I am not so sure that is true. Frankly, I believe bringing in Nebraska makes it even more foolish to start over with a new coach at least before seeing how Coach Brewster and his team does through 2011, no matter what happens this year. Any premature change would literally throw us into recruiting pergatory. And unfortunately, with an expanding conference with high end programs being added, instability would cause even further setbacks. Staff longevity pays significant dividends in college sports and it may be the only way you succeed at places like Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowas. Nevertheless, that is all the time he will need looking at the talent he is compiling on Defense. He also has his best coordinators on D. So, as the saying goes, to every burden there is a benefit; the converse is true as well.

Top Bottom