Glad the South Dakota St. game was at TCF Bank Stadium

Gold Rush

Reaction score
I think if it had been played at the Dome, we would have lost it!

Just thinking back to those good ol' MetroDome days and the horrific losses
in it. I think there was some sort of curse attached to it, but maybe by getting
past SDSU, this shows the curse has officially been lifted.

Everyone remembers the NDSU loss a couple years ago - the game there was no
way we could lose. Or how about losing to Pacific? They were so bad they dropped
their football program a few years later, but we found a way to lose to them. I went
home after the game and wanted to throw up. Or how about that Utah game when we
were going for the game winning field goal with just a few seconds left - there was no
way we could lose - it was a tie game --- until the kick was blocked and returned like
90 yards for a TD to win the game. You just can't script this stuff.

I think every year featured at least one and possible more gut-wrenching losses that made
me want to rip up my tickets and never return. Somehow, I did. Oh yeah, there were a lot
more -- I think we suffered monumental collapses against every Big Ten team and I do not
even know if that is even an exaggeration. I was sick after the Northwestern Hail Mary pass
fiasco, the Wisconsin blocked punt, the time when the timekeeper fell asleep in the Purdue
game, and oh yeah I don't think ANY Gopher fan will ever forget the Michigan game.

So you see, fellow Gopher fans, this hollow victory over South Dakota St. is NOTHING
compared to what we have endured over the years at the Dome. Sure, we are all a little
disappointed, but in the end, it's still a win! I didn't even feel like throwing up after the
game was over, so that's a definite plus.

All this has me believing this is indeed a new era in Gopher football. Instead of a gut-wrenching
loss, we have a win and we will probably make it to some bowl game as a result. Even better,
we might play it right in the University of Michigan's own backyard while they are home just a
few miles away saying, "Look at how much fun those Gophers are having. I wish we were
as good as them."

Well, hopefully everyone can learn from the mistakes and move on and get ready for Iowa.
I don't know if any of the problems will be corrected, but at least for one week in November,
we will go into the contest with a win under our belts. Brewster is going to get this offense
thing figured out and we are indeed going to have an offense that MOVES the ball very soon.
You HAVE to have faith....and hope that things are going to get better.

We are Gopher fans, that's why!! And we have come back again and again under much much
worse adversity while most fans would find a new team. GO GOPHERS AND GOOD NIGHT TO ALL!!

Top Bottom