Glad I can continue to dislike Abbrederis

I'm not going to lie, Abbrederis is a steal in the fifth round. He'll be haunting the Vikings for years.

I hate that guy! I wish he was a Viking though.

He is very good, but the NFL is a different animal. He won't be faster and smarter than his opponents in the NFL, and almost always will be smaller. He was taken that late for a reason. No reason he can't be a decent pro player though, especially with Rodgers at QB

Too small, actually Jerrod is 6'1 while Wes is 5' 10, but the thought that he's too slight to hold up is bogus. Welker has made his living crossing over the middle, run after the catch. Running precise routes. Jerrod is the same slot player and just a little bigger.

Abbrederis is not similar to Welker,other than the fact they are both White. Abbrederis is probably faster in a straight line that Wes, but doesn't have the combination of quickness and short area burst that made Welker a threat in his prime. I'd say a better comparison would be a guy like Jerricho Cotchery who also plays out of the slot at 6'1 and about 200lbs. On ESPN's draft coverage, they mentioned that a concern over concussions was why Abbrederis wasn't taken earlier. He said he's only had one and that "it wasn't that bad", but other sources had told teams the number could be as high as five.

Aaron Rodgers can make most anyone look good, so if Abbrederis makes the team, I expect him to be productive for the Packers. Green Bay did take a wide reciever Davante Adams in round 2 and another WR after Abbrederis in Jeff Janis. So he's behind Nelson, Cobb, and Adams for sure and probably Boykin as well.

CC to Husker: I know you are a big weight room guy and Abbrederis only did 4 reps of 225 at the combine which was the 2nd lowest of all players tested. I am not a big believer in 225 reps for WR's, but I thought you'd find that interesting.

Too small, actually Jerrod is 6'1 while Wes is 5' 10, but the thought that he's too slight to hold up is bogus. Welker has made his living crossing over the middle, run after the catch. Running precise routes. Jerrod is the same slot player and just a little bigger.

I love how the logic "because wes welker could take a beating so can <insert undersized white receiver>" doesn't apply to the bajillion other undersized white receivers that fizzled out in the NFL after having careers in college athletics.

Oh and the fact that Wes and Jerred are not that similar of receivers is worth pointing out. An Eric Decker comparison might be a better fit if we are looking for White WR in the NFL.

I love how the logic "because wes welker could take a beating so can <insert undersized white receiver>" doesn't apply to the bajillion other undersized white receivers that fizzled out in the NFL after having impact careers in college athletics.

Oh and the fact that Wes and Jerrod are not similar receivers at all is worth pointing out. An Eric Decker comparison might be a better fit if we are looking for White WR in the NFL.

Am I missing a joke but why are you spelling his name as Jerrod?

As a Packer fan I like it value - wise even though he's a concussion or two away from retirement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Everyone knows the go-to comparison for white WRs is Ricky Proehl. Impossible to defend on the post pattern in Tecmo Super Bowl.

Top Bottom