Give me Shaka!!

balds

Reaction score
I know it's knee jerk, but how can you not fall in instant love with how VCU plays?

Quickness, ball movement, pressure defense, confidence, swagger, three point shooting.

They have been, in no uncertain terms, the best team on the floor against a Pac 10, Big East and Big Ten team, in three straight games. BY FAR!!!

In Shaka I trust.

You said it. 34 year old, who acts like he's been there before. He was accepted to Ivy league schools but went to Kenyon College to play basketball. The more I see/hear from him the more impressed I am. He is going to be a wealthy man in the near future, VCU has had a good run of coaches with him and Anthony Grant.

The only bad thing about him is that he is from Madison.

I was thinking the exact same thing about Shaka. I love watching VCU play and I was wondering if Missouri might come calling at the end of the tournament for Shaka. During the VCU-Georgetown game the announcers made the point that Shaka was a D3 player and always believed he should have been a D1 guy and he carries that chip on his shoulder. That's the type of guy you can bank on to lift your program because he wants to leave his mark on the game.

Top Bottom