Give me Fleck. Leave the Boat in K-Zoo.

fmlizard

Reaction score
I wanted Claeys as our guy. But what's done is done and PJ Fleck is my favorite of the possible names. I think he would bring a ton of needed energy to the program, and he's gotten results. Recruiting would benefit.

I suppose when I think of him the biggest downfall to me is that damned boat. It's already kinda cheesy and if he brought it here with him, we would be heading down the path of a silly, incongruent slogan borrowed from a MAC school to guide our program. Would WMU keep the slogan too? Would we eventually schedule a regatta to battle for it?

I'm all for a motivational slogan to guide the program. Brick by Brick was a good one. Gold Standard was OK too. I personally like something like "Dig Deeper" as something simple, motivational, and somewhat on the Gopher brand. Just please not "Row the Boat" if he comes here.

It's trademarked at WMU so he might not have the option to bring the boat.

WMU owns the row the boat trademarks.

So we'd get Row the Goph, or Goph the Boat or something...

Really though it could be "beat the meat" and if we won the B1G I'd be ok.

"Pull the Train" seems like an obvious choice, but the cheer squad may have trademarked that already.

Fleck upside:
(1) His players seem to really like him
(2) He won at WMU, they had a great year

Downside:
(1) Is kind of annoying (to me)
(2) He seems a bit self-centered. Everything was about him. But, that's from the outside looking in.

Fleck upside:
(1) His players seem to really like him
(2) He won at WMU, they had a great year

Downside:
(1) Is kind of annoying (to me)
(2) He seems a bit self-centered. Everything was about him. But, that's from the outside looking in.

Eh, all good HCs are kinda ego driven. It's not an easy job, if you doubt yourself I think you just end up quitting. Favors the folks who think their good, even if more than they should.

Eh, all good HCs are kinda ego driven. It's not an easy job, if you doubt yourself I think you just end up quitting. Favors the folks who think their good, even if more than they should.

Yeah, it's not the end of the world. I would kind of like the hire. He just seems to have a bit more of an ego than most. But you make a good point.

is it true Fleck said he is not leaving WMU? If so, he may be our next coach....did not like him on the sideline of the cotton bowl...I could hate him nearly as much as Tommy Crean

I have already offered up "rock and roll, pound some hole" for a slogan.

is it true Fleck said he is not leaving WMU? If so, he may be our next coach....did not like him on the sideline of the cotton bowl...very gayish--I could hate him nearly as much as Tommy Crean

What the hell...?

Is it true that Fleck came out on to the practice field in full pads and dared someone to stop him at the goalline?

Oh man the open practices would be more fun that way!

Yes, he did suit up and do that, and then gave the walk-on LB who stopped him a surprise scholarship, presented on the big screen at the stadium in a video from Sly Stallone. It was pretty cool...all on YouTube somewhere.

Top Bottom