Gilmore’s Composite

Willwin40

Reaction score
His composite rating had dropped to 87.52. Does anyone have any idea why?

Does On3 have any credibility?
They were all started by the same guy.

The guy started Rivals and sold it to Yahoo for like $100 million.
Then he immediately started 247 and sold it to someone else for like $200 millions.
Now he started On3.

The funny thing is that each of his recreations ends up by passing the previous one. Rivals was king, then it was 247, and I'd bet On3 ends up passing both of them.

As far as right now, his ratings for Gilmore seem really weird to me. I think Gilmore is a really good player.

They were all started by the same guy.

The guy started Rivals and sold it to Yahoo for like $100 million.
Then he immediately started 247 and sold it to someone else for like $200 millions.
Now he started On3.

The funny thing is that each of his recreations ends up by passing the previous one. Rivals was king, then it was 247, and I'd bet On3 ends up passing both of them.

As far as right now, his ratings for Gilmore seem really weird to me. I think Gilmore is a really good player.
Have you seen him live? Or just highlights?

I haven’t seen rogers play live possibly ever.

It dropped cause we’re cooling on him
I just find it interesting rogers has this high of rated defensive player

In my mind rogers is an offensive powerhouse that loses at times because it fails to stop people.

But then again I go back and look at the scores and rogers is good at both sides of the ball now

So the guru people use to relieve their recruiting anxieties has cashed in twice and now is starting a new and better site for the nervous nellies to throw money at.
It is true a sucker is born every minute.

So the guru people use to relieve their recruiting anxieties has cashed in twice and now is starting a new and better site for the nervous nellies to throw money at.
I do not find it odd that people follow recruiting. I do.

I do find it odd that people pay to follow recruiting

I guess the thing is this: the value and utility of the site is very much based on the people that you have doing the evaluations, that have the connections to be able to actually reach out and talk to recruits, coaches, etc.

If you just hire the best people away from 247 to on3 ... then the name and the site itself are somewhat superfluous. You can keep doing this forever.

I know someone that has seen him play a few times and he said basically he's a freak athlete but still has a lot to learn about the game.

Writes the guy on a fan board about a post that is clearly about recruiting.

He is #5 with Hicks behind Mandell .905, Sunram .887, Perich .882, Simpson .875, Gilmore & Hicks .875, Abisari .873, Saine .870

My son just graduated from Rogers and is friends with him. I have seen him play 10-12 games over the past two years. He is big, athletic, and stands out in the games I have seen. My son played in the same summer basketball program with him a few years ago too, he was not nearly as big and strong back then, but was still a good athlete. There were a few times he would play almost as much TE as DE in some games.

It's strange to you that someone who was incredibly good at something has found a way to cash in on that skill set a number of times? This kind of thing is incredibly common in the world of start ups. People build things, sell it, and then build similar things to sell. Rinse and repeat.

The difficult thing is finding that thing that you're good enough at that someone will pay you a ton of money to buy. Repeating it is something smart people just automatically realize they should do.

That said, your take on recruiting gets worse and worse with every year's worth of data.

Recruiting matters and recruiting rankings have been incredibly accurate over the course of their existence.

The vast majority of traffic for any of these sites is free. The "suckers" aren't throwing money at it. They are simply clicking on a website and looking at information. For someone who creeps on a middle-of-the-road Big 10 football team's message board, you really have strong opinions of the browsing habits of normal people.

I guess the thing is this: the value and utility of the site is very much based on the people that you have doing the evaluations, that have the connections to be able to actually reach out and talk to recruits, coaches, etc.

If you just hire the best people away from 247 to on3 ... then the name and the site itself are somewhat superfluous. You can keep doing this forever.
Doubt he did a ton of that, I'd guess the purchase agreements had air tight non-solicits.

The difference is probably that Yahoo/CBS don't have someone to step into his shoes. They don't have the vision for the next thing (he saves that thing for his next stop) and he probably has fantastic connections in the industry - probably considerably better than Yahoo or CBS who likely have writers who have written a bad word or two about a coach or two.

I would be wondering then what that innovation is that on3 brings that 247 does not have.

I don't follow it close enough to know the difference.

I would be wondering then what that innovation is that on3 brings that 247 does not have.

I don't follow it close enough to know the difference.
One difference is that On3 gives an NIL value, in dollars, for all rated players. Kind of like “here’s how much you should pay” for this guy.

Recruiting matters and recruiting rankings have been incredibly accurate over the course of their existence.
I think most people would agree recruiting rankings are generally or moderately accurate. Incredibly accurate is not even close to an apt description. There are just too many variables and not every recruit is given the same amount of consideration. Yes, five star recruits will start more often than a two stars, but we seen too many diamonds and flameouts to say rankings are even highly accurate.

Gopher coaching staff watches film of potential recruits and far more importantly they see the guys they're interested in in person to evaluate. Nothing beats that.

They don't log into 247 and go "OK, let's see who's on here to recruit ..."

Top Bottom