GI has 6 visits for us this weekend

FiveStarFan

Reaction score
Anyone have a sub. to see who the 6 are?? I know Wingo, Allen, and Rengel are three of them.

Sid mentions Edwards and Devin Guillory, a LB from Baton Rouge as 2 more. Don't know who the last one is!

Thanks! Well Edwards is a must get now with Paige gone, unfortunitly I have already heard rumors about his grades...Wonder what rabbit Brew has with the 6th kid?!

Guillory has a 33 ACT??!! wow. If we cant get Edwards here and admitted then wouldnt be surprised we end up with Battle

Walters has the 6th guy

Making Gophers football recruiting visits this weekend are wide receiver Bryant Allen and running back Ronnie Wingo, both of St. Louis; linebacker Devin Guillory of Baton Rouge, La.; safety L'Damian Washington of Shreveport, La.; halfback Nick Rengel of Sartell, Minn.; and cornerback Mike Edwards of Cleveland.

L'Damian is a LA Tech commit and is listed as a WR on ESPN and Scout, he's 6'4 185lbs and had over 1,000 yards receiving with 12 td's according to ESPN. Also, the LA Tech site reported awhile ago that he was contacted by Nebraska, but was still a verbal to them.

I like it! Guillory sounds very smart and atleast had LSU looking at him at one point. L'Damian is tall 6'4"! even tho he is from LA you would think Brew can get him. Minus Allen and Rengel (already committed) If we could get 3 of the other 4 to do the same this weekend we could be back on stride! Wingo, Edwards, and L'Damian would be a unreal weekend given the past week.

Looking for warm bodies?

Anyone have a sub. to see who the 6 are?? I know Wingo, Allen, and Rengel are three of them.

I don't know much about L'Damian Washington and Guillory but their offer lists don't look to be too tops. They may be fine players and fine kids but I hope we haven't resorted to combing the nation for warm bodies just to fill up scholarship slots. I'd rather have the scholarships open for walk ons who prove worthy, etc. Isn't this how we would up with Howell, Spry, et al. a few years ago?

I don't know much about L'Damian Washington and Guillory but their offer lists don't look to be too tops. They may be fine players and fine kids but I hope we haven't resorted to combing the nation for warm bodies just to fill up scholarship slots. I'd rather have the scholarships open for walk ons who prove worthy, etc. Isn't this how we would up with Howell, Spry, et al. a few years ago?

Yes, but they were warm bodies that had to play WR.

If anyone would have been so kind to "cut & paste" the visitors were listed in the Pioneer Press.

i agree. why take the kid just to fill up the roster? he could have great measureables so maybe he could be a diamond in the rough type player. think da'jon and maybe brandon a little

If Brewster has any brains he will have St. Louis native Laurence Maroney in Mn. to help sell the program to the two players from StL.

If Brewster has any brains he will have St. Louis native Laurence Maroney in Mn. to help sell the program to the two players from StL.

One of them, Bryant Allen, is already committed here but just getting in to take his official visit. That's actually a cool thing to have the committed guy take his visit at the same time the big time recruit is here.

yeah brew seems to have been using his brain on that one

Top Bottom