Georgia Tech and Virginia

IDFM

Reaction score
A couple friends of mine from down south called me to say that GaTech and UVA are supposed to be accepting a bid to the B1G next week. They are saying that there are reports coming out from their region. I am not saying this is fact, but I am wondering if anyone else knows anything about this report.

Though ND would be a better fit for the B1G, especially given how many B1G teams they play per year, I think giving up their independent status would be to much for them to deal with fan-wise. It would take away some of their mystique much like moving from the Met stadium to the dome did for the Vikes.

I was not sure at all; but it is pretty funny how the ACC adds Pitt, Syracuse and ND in one year and believe that they are on top of the world. The next they are in free fall with Florida State still considering leaving, Maryland leaving and the possibility of more.

Lots of Smoke but not a whole lot of FIre ?

It's not the scenario that deserves scorn, just the half-reports about possible interest and potential offers and whatnot.

Actually, the only thing I've seen during the entire course of this rumor that made me wonder whether there might be something to it is this:

@kevinoncfb @mr_kevinjones UCF’s George O’leary was adamant on his show this wk that there wld be big changes very soon. Maybe he’s right

— DikaiaKnight (@DikaiaKnight) December 1, 2012
I don't know if O'Leary and Tech's Paul Johnson are best buddies or anything, but I recall a report that Johnson recommended offensive lineman Phil Smith transfer to UCF in part because of his ties to O'Leary. That's not much to go on at all.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...irginia-big-ten-rumors-conference-realignment

????

Even still, it'd be easy enough to dismiss since team #16 is no sure thing either (Boston College? Virginia? Are any of these athletic programs homeruns enough beyond simply a market standpoint to make all this shuffling truly beneficial?) But you also have to keep in mind that Jeff Ermann, the publisher of InsideMDSports, Maryland's 247sports representative that first broke the Maryland to the Big Ten story, had sources a week and a half ago indicating Georgia Tech was vying for an invite. It's probably worth continuing to take this all with a fairly large grain of salt, but with so many ostensibly unrelated individuals making similar claims, you have to at least wonder.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...tech-approved-by-big-ten-conference-expansion

Hmm.....guess we will have to see.

I'd much rather see Boston College in the mix than Georgia Tech.

Please, please, please take UVa. That means we can pick up VT (and possibly NC State unless y'all want Mizzou and we can take Duke and UNC) for the SEC.

Top Bottom