Georgia St purchasing Turner Field for Football

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

Regardless of how ridiculous it is the Braves are ditching a perfectly fine 20-year-old stadium, it's cool to see a city re-purpose a ballpark. Detroit had some really interesting ideas to salvage Tiger Stadium, but ultimately couldn't make it happen.

Is it close to their campus? I didn't realize it was built for the Olympics as a multi purpose stadium and now it makes a little more sense that the Braves are building a new ball park although it sounds like part of that was to be farther out in the burbs.

I thought this was interesting. Georgia St is purchasing Turner Field for $22.8 million. They'll be converting it into a 23,000 seat football stadium. Still probably too big for their fan base, but better than playing in the Georgia Dome like they do now.

The Braves will be in a new baseball stadium next season.

Pictures and more info: http://www.ajc.com/news/local/what-turner-field-could-look-like-panthers-football-stadium/AgxFU3ixPTcCSPGyL5zCSN/

I don't know anything about this program including the geography of the campus and stadium, but it sure sounds like they scored a great deal.

Top Bottom