Geometry poll: If tanner morgan can get this ball to the bottom of the number does he score?

Does he score with a ball thrown in stride to the top of the number

• Yes

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Why is this a thing

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters

Yeah. Throw to the outside that he doesn't have to slow up for & he makes it. If he has to slow down, I think he gets tackled.
IE, if the play is run perfectly, it scores.

Whoopty doo. Lot of plays would score, if they were run perfectly.

What happened to our LB/RB who ran over defensive people in his last game? Wouldn’t he have been a good choice at the goal line?

What happened to our LB/RB who ran over defensive people in his last game? Wouldn’t he have been a good choice at the goal line?
Yeah they probably should’ve called a different play since the one they called didn’t work. I think everyone is in agreement

That's just the same as saying "if this play is executed perfectly, then it works".

That's true of every play.
No it's not. The question isn't will the play work if it's run to perfection. The question is simply if the ball is thrown in a certain spot, will it be successful. That's not even close to the same as to what you're saying.

Nope. Speed of the throw matters too. Nice slow pass = fail. Frozen rope pass = success.
My original comment accounts for that. If it's a slow pass it probably doesn't hit CRAB in full stride.

My original comment accounts for that. If it's a slow pass it probably doesn't hit CRAB in full stride.
Exactly.

And OP doesn't account for that. So no, it's not as simple as a "geometry" problem.

How often does Tanner throw a frozen rope, exactly as far in front of the receiver so as to hit them in stride without slowing down? I feel like, not that often. It's a hard thing to do, don't get me wrong.

This activity is too advanced (or maybe too simple) for some members

it’s a hypothetical question:

Good ball in the right spot, does he score ?

“Well you see, he got hit as he threw and it lofted too much. CAB would have to come back for it and the d back was closing fast. The way it played out it is probably an incompletion.”

This activity is too advanced (or maybe too simple) for some members

it’s a hypothetical question:

“Well you see, he got hit as he threw and it lofted too much. CAB would have to come back for it and the d back was closing fast. The way it played out it is probably an incompletion.”

That is my take.
And I would say bad play call to ask a freshmen running back to block an end on a play when we NEVER ask our RB to do that

I have to hand it to you, you’re a stubborn old coot. Guys, this is a an extension of a disagreement from another thread. First off, Iowa #4 is a 200 pound DB not a DE and Ky could block him and did, but the Iowa player made a play.

Secondly, it was a pick play but without a pick! MBS did not set the pick, which happens to be the entire point of a pick play, #26 blew right by and was sprinting out and in position to make the tackle.

Like I argued in the other thread, MAYBE if CAB makes an acrobatic move and extends the ball over the goal line while being tackled he converts. I doubt it but 🤷‍♂️.

No way he “walks into the end zone” as you confidently stated and was the impetus for this entire argument.

Video starts at 17:25

I have to hand it to you, you’re a stubborn old coot. Guys, this is a an extension of a disagreement from another thread. First off, Iowa #4 is a 200 pound DB not a DE and Ky could block him and did, but the Iowa player made a play.

Secondly, it was a pick play but without a pick! MBS did not set the pick, which happens to be the entire point of a pick play, #26 blew right by and was sprinting out and in position to make the tackle.

Like I argued in the other thread, MAYBE if CAB makes an acrobatic move and extends the ball over the goal line while being tackled he converts. I doubt it but 🤷‍♂️.

No way he “walks into the end zone” as you confidently stated and was the impetus for this entire argument.

Video starts at 17:25

If the ball is on time and accurate, the d back would have to close 7 yards of space before CAB goes 3

If the ball is on time and accurate, the d back would have to close 7 yards of space before CAB goes 3

Like I said before, no idea how you can state stuff like that. We’re going to agree to disagree. The only concession I’ll give you is there is a slight chance of success if CAB breaks the tackle and/or is able to extend the ball.

Like I said before, no idea how you can state stuff like that. We’re going to agree to disagree. The only concession I’ll give you is there is a slight chance of success if CAB breaks the tackle and/or is able to extend the ball.
The only thing I can give you is that you might be a bad driver and not able to gauge two moving objects at the same time

Just watched the PJ presser.

Tanner is not going anywhere.

He got asked about timing issues in the passing game, PJ said he saw none.

I was shocked that hes so blind!
Do you really think he's going to give the media something that will lead to a QB controversy publicly? I'm sure behind closed doors, discussion is quite different!

Like I correctly said:

if the play was run perfectly, then sure it could have worked.

Same can be said for any play. Not a very interesting discussion or hypothetical.

Most likely, if the ball doesn't get blocked, the way it was thrown, then CAB gets tackled short of the conversion.

I don't trust that Morgan would've made the throw that would've been needed. Simple as that.

Top Bottom