Gary Pinkel announces his retirement

Man, what a week at Mizzou, and for the nation & world. Pinkel coached circles around our beloved Jer in January, yet no one can argue that our guy did not do a terrific job himself with the MN program. Wishing the best of health & happiness to both of these gentlemen.

Sad to see. Seemed like a good guy. This also reaffirms we made the right call with Claeys as this would have put us one spot further down on the pecking order.

Those are going to be big shoes to fill at Mizzou. Pinkel was a good one.

It probably didn't help that his Football Team walked out of practice earlier in the week.

It probably didn't help that his Football Team walked out of practice earlier in the week.

I can't think what's going on at Mizzou is going to help recruiting. It'll be interesting to see who's willing to take this job. They won't do better than Pinkel.

If I remember correctly Pinkel came from Toledo and beat Mason pretty bad in Toledo. I sat next to the Loon at the game.

Great coach, I wish him the best.

Pinkel's a class act. I'm sorry to see him leaving the coaching ranks, but happy for his health that he's doing so.

They are going to have to get very lucky to find a coach that will be able to keep Missouri at the level it is at.

We want Missouri to be good.

Iowa has traditionally gotten a lot of recruits from there.

The scariest thing is the timing. He he had Lymphoma in May, clearly at one point of the process he was feeling well enough to think "lets give this year a shot." Prayers are with him. Cancer sucks.

Top Bottom