GameDay atmosphere (Bucky bashing)

salzie

Reaction score
We definitely don't go as hard as the Badgers -- but other than BYU what colleges can say that pride themselves on moderation -- moreover what makes you say that we do?
Speak for yourself

A successful Saturday for me is a cheering gopher win, standing in front of an old lady naturally, and ending day pissing myself

noamfromm

Reaction score
Speak for yourself

A successful Saturday for me is a cheering gopher win, standing in front of an old lady naturally, and ending day pissing myself
Fair point on Bethel -- I was thinking at the FBS level. Additionally I was thinking about the students being the moderates rather than a man of your stature

Plato

Reaction score
We definitely don't go as hard as the Badgers -- but other than BYU what colleges can say that pride themselves on moderation -- moreover what makes you say that we do?
The state liquor laws are/were much more stringent, Maturi considered breathalyzers when the Bank first opened, the fraternities were not allowed to have parties on the lawns etc.

noamfromm

Reaction score
The state liquor laws are/were much more stringent, Maturi considered breathalyzers when the Bank first opened, the fraternities were not allowed to have parties on the lawns etc.
Do you or anyone else have any more details on that? I see your point, but I don't think that our blue laws and the lack of lawn parties means that the university prides itself on moderation.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Clearly you haven't walked by the fraternities on gamedays in the last 10 years.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Clearly you haven't walked by the fraternities on gamedays in the last 10 years.
Always a little sad when I drive by and there's that dude in REALLY bad shape sitting on the lawn.

Usually one or two people watching them but ... guies you can't let someone get that way...

hungan1

Reaction score
What more can be said about Badger fans.

Gopher fans have to earn their wisky place.

For Badger fans, it is a birth right.

discochris

Reaction score
Two different cultures, one is a world class public aacademic institution that also prides itself on being a world class party school.
The other is also a world class public academic institution that prides itself on moderation.
I have lived in both places and to quote a MN relative who has a cabin in WI, "People in WI have more fun".
As a Minnesotan who has a cabin in Wisconsin, I would concur with your relative. Wisconsin is a lot of fun.

Reaction score
Guys like we had on the big screen Saturday pouring beer on himself and smashing the can on his head. Not good for season ticket holder retention.
That happened here, or Madison? I'd still prefer that fan to the ones Maturi was going after, which were basically senior citizens who would attend the pancake breakfast, head to the game, and leave early so they can get their nap in before their grandkid's birthday party.

stuck_in_scony_go4_fan

Reaction score
I owned a bar in sconny. Let me tell you.. alcohol is a way of life there.. it's what you do... You drink... Game days are one big party.. bloodies at 630am.. beers start at 8am...
If your good at it.. you can make alot of money... And move to the mountains

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
At about 50 cents a can it's reasonable to do anything with Hamms Light -- but I agree with you that pouring a beer on your head without affecting anyone else is unoffensive. Though I don't think the gentleman in question was of sound enough mind to make sure that he only affected his shirt and hair.
Who was this? Did I miss it at this last game?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Liberty University is neck and neck with BYU
Policeman: “say, what are you two doing in that car?”
Young couple: “we’re just necking officer”
Policeman: “well…put your neck back in your pants and move it along!”

Reaction score
BTW, that guy and his 3 friends got kicked out of the game. They apparently left the stadium for whatever reason, then, when turned away by security trying to re-enter the stadium, decided to just run past them and went to their seats. Security went down to ask them to leave...they did not want to. Then, 3 or 4 cops went down there (about 6 more waiting at the top of the section) and peacefully removed all 4 of them. The knucklehead smashing the can on his head (completed the look with no shirt, and jeans tucked into his silver cowboy boots) had cuts all over his head.

What a bunch of tools.
I can’t believe the police peacefully removed them in this situation. It was fair game to beat some ass and start teeing off.

Plato

Reaction score
Many years ago our family regularly attended the KY Derby.
My father was chair of the county Democratic Party so we were always invited to the governor's derby breakfast.
One year in the crowd milling around the concession booths I saw college age man break a whiskey bottle on his head. No one in the crowd seemed concerned or even shocked.
I would say for incipient low level anarchy the Derby just barely beats the WI student section.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
My father was chair of the county Democratic Party so we were always invited to the governor's derby breakfast.
One year in the crowd milling around the concession booths I saw college age man break a whiskey bottle on his head. No one in the crowd seemed concerned or even shocked.
I would say for incipient low level anarchy the Derby just barely beats the WI student section.
Yeah I've heard it gets a bit wild there.

boofbonser

Reaction score
Mint juleps for everyone.

Top Bottom