Gambler Places $75K Bet On Alabama vs. MTSU Opener For Ridiculously Small Return

Maybe he’s getting divorced and in the week or two has to give an accounting of his real property, portfolio and cash holdings. A pending sports bet held by a third party might be contingent or remote enough outside the disclosure obligation. Only half kidding.
Tom Clancy!

If it was me, I would have bet $150,000 to make $600 smackers, now that’s some cool cash.
Losing $75K is better than losing 6-figures! Trust me, I lost over $100K in stable coins in 2 weeks 🤦🏻‍♂️

That hurt bad

Good lord. If he is willing to risk that much money for such a small potential payout imagine what else he must be betting on.....you have to have a pretty serious gambling problem to be willing to make a bet like that.

Edit - so he bet the money line and Alabama is nearly a 40 point favorite. so while all Alabama has to do is win and he gets his $300 that is still a crazy amount of money to risk for such a small potential reward. Even if you think there is no way you could possibly lose it is still a stupid risk to take because nothing is ever guaranteed in sports.

It’s money laundering

Also the Kris with a K guy. The rumor is/was he buys billboards to keep his income down to avoid bigger payments to his ex.

Good lord. If he is willing to risk that much money for such a small potential payout imagine what else he must be betting on.....you have to have a pretty serious gambling problem to be willing to make a bet like that.

Edit - so he bet the money line and Alabama is nearly a 40 point favorite. so while all Alabama has to do is win and he gets his $300 that is still a crazy amount of money to risk for such a small potential reward. Even if you think there is no way you could possibly lose it is still a stupid risk to take because nothing is ever guaranteed in sports.
Of course he bet the ML, otherwise it wouldn’t have been newsworthy. Plenty of people bet ~$75k to win ~$75k every day.

Losing $75K is better than losing 6-figures! Trust me, I lost over $100K in stable coins in 2 weeks 🤦🏻‍♂️

That hurt bad
Sorry about that, the crypto world giveth and taketh away. Shouldn’t have happened in the stable coin world though, feel your pain.

Top Bottom