Gadiva Hubbard Joins North Florida Staff

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - North Florida women's basketball proudly announces the addition of Gadiva Hubbard as an assistant coach & director of basketball operations to the Osprey staff this upcoming season, as announced by head coach Erika Lambert on Friday afternoon.

Hubbard spent the last two seasons as an assistant coach at Daytona State College under new UNF associate head coach, Tron Griffin. Lambert fills out her coaching staff for next season with Griffin as associate head coach and Sydnei McCaskill, Benji Mastandrea and Griffin as her assistant coaches.

"I'm so excited for Coach Diva to join us in Jacksonville," said Lambert. "There was a ton of interest in this opening on our staff, but Diva's professionalism, values and work ethic made her our top candidate. It's really just coincidence that she was Tron Griffin's assistant coach at Daytona State."

"She had a very successful playing career in the Big Ten and had a hand in every area of the program as an assistant at the junior college level," Lambert continued. "Coach Diva will be responsible for a lot of the day-to-day operations of our team in addition to player development, coaching practice and scouting opponents. She's such a great role model for our players."

The Virginia Beach, VA., native assisted Griffin at Daytona State last season to its best start since 2015-16, as well as its most conference wins with nine. In her first season with the Falcons, she helped the team finish fourth in the conference with a first team all-conference selection and two second team all-conference selections.

"I am extremely grateful and humbled for the opportunity to join Coach Lambert and her staff at UNF! I am thrilled to work alongside some amazing coaches and to continue to grow and learn," said Hubbard. "UNF has so much potential to do amazing things in the ASUN and I am more than ready to help be a part of that journey! Go Ospreys!"

She ended her collegiate playing career ranked second in career games played at Minnesota with 135, third in team history in 3-pointers made (259), third in career 3-pointers attempted (736), third in minutes played (4150), ninth in career steals (193) and 11th in career points (1,477). In addition to a stellar six-year career, Hubbard garnered the 6th Man of the Year Award (2016), Big Ten All-Freshman Team (2017), All-Big Ten Honorable Mention (2018, 2020), and All-Big Ten Sportsmanship Award (2021) as a Gopher.

Hubbard earned her bachelor's degree in Business Marketing in 2019, a master's degree in Sports Management in 2021, and a master's degree in Human Resource Development in 2022 from the University of Minnesota.

Top Bottom