G-League vs College

I wonder how Bobby Hurley feels about this...

I wonder how Bobby Hurley feels about this...

None of his concern I would say because those players will be Arizona State students only.

I remember hearing many years ago how some major league teams would give scholarships to junior colleges as part of their compensation to newly signed minor leaguers out of high school. From what I understand, Arizona State has one of the preeminent online program in the country so taking courses while playing minor league sports would be much easier now than decades ago.

None of his concern I would say because those players will be Arizona State students only.

I remember hearing many years ago how some major league teams would give scholarships to junior colleges as part of their compensation to newly signed minor leaguers out of high school. From what I understand, Arizona State has one of the preeminent online program in the country so taking courses while playing minor league sports would be much easier now than decades ago.
Still, if there's a kid who's on the fence, parents pressuring him to go to college, this provides an out to go pro and still get an education at ASU. I wouldn't like it if I was the coach.

Still, if there's a kid who's on the fence, parents pressuring him to go to college, this provides an out to go pro and still get an education at ASU. I wouldn't like it if I was the coach.
Shouldn’t every coach dislike it then? Why just Hurley? Not like they are all choosing between ASU and this G-League team.

Well, I guess so but he's not the only coach who may be shorted possible recruits because of that.

… From what I understand, Arizona State has one of the preeminent online program in the country ….
Oh, wow. You mean they out rank U of Phoenix or Devry… now that is prestigious!

Top Bottom