Fun game in the Cotton Bowl

DL65

Reaction score
Ole Miss leads Texas Tech at the half, 24-21. Tech's quarterback, Harrell, almost scored on a scramble of almost fifty yards to end the half. He was tackled at the 3.

Houston Nutt has done a very good job in his first year at the Oxford, Mississippi school: beat the Gators in the Swamp, beat LSU and lost to the Crimson Tide by 4 pts.

The Cotton Bowl is playing its last game in the old stadium, which had been expanded to 88,000 in recent years. (Today's game is a sell out) I'm not sure where they'll play future Cotton Bowl games; however, I would imagine the Oklahoma-Texas game will continue to be played in old stadium, which I found to be a good stadium to watch football. (I watched a couple games in 1970 when I was stationed at Fort Hood) It used to be home to Cowboys and then left in 1971 for Texas Stadium that will soon be coming down as the Cowboys will have another new home. Obviously I don't have an attachment to the Cotton Bowl as I did to Memorial Stadium, but I hate to see the old stadium that's been home to so many classic games and tradition fade away.

Go Gophers!!

Nutt walked into a great situation in Oxford. Orgeron had some great recruiting classes during his time there, and the talent was evident this season. If Nutt can keep the recruiting train going, Ole Miss could be headed for good times, as they beat some really good teams this year.

Houston Nutt will be fine as long as he doesn't spontaneously combust on the sidelines. He's gotta be on meds.

Texas-Oklahoma will be staying at the Cotton Bowl. That is the reason why both upper end zones were filled in and the stadium now seats 92,000 and change.

The Cotton Bowl Classic will be moving to Jerry World in Arlington in an attempt to get into the BCS rotation.

GopherRock

Thank you for the information about the stadium expansion and change of venue of the Cotton Bowl.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom