Fulmer Cup!

Ski U Master

Reaction score
As the off-season begins so does the Fulmer Cup, the annual competition to see which team can get in the most trouble during the off season. This year, we tied with Notre Dame for the first points of the Fulmer Cup season when Shady and Floyd were cited for underage consumption!

We didn't get credit for the New Year's Eve/Day arrest in Tempe for two reasons, first the Fulmer Cup doesn't start until after the championship game and also becaus, as EDSBS puts it, "losing to Iowa State does grant every player on the losing team one free misdemeanor each with a 24 hour expiry period."

Our "best" finish in the FC was a tie for 26th in 2007, and we stand at a tie for 71st in all time scoring.

Fulmer Cup Scoreboard

Thank you for the post. I hadn't heard of the Fulmer Cup before. Interesting that the all time points leader is Illinois, followed by #3 Penn State and #5 Iowa. On Wisconsin's page they even mention Barry Alvarez's son's Parrot Nuking in 1999. Hard to believe that happened nearly 11 years ago.

The Fulmer Cup is amazingly funny. Every Day Should Be Saturday(EDSBS) one of the most respected college football blogs around. Most of there stuff is pretty good. If you start reading now there will are a bunch of inside jokes that long time readers will get but you won't.

SASwiki is really really funny too.

I'll try to remember to keep this thread up to date when a big ten team gets points or another school we may have interest in over here.

We got robbed in 2009. Where is Whaley and Carter?

2007 or 2008 should have Willie as well.

If we are going to compete, we get our points.

What about Whaley? Orson isn't going to go and retroactively award points because the media missed the arrest, and Carter's and Willie's were in the Fulmer Cup offseason (Football season).

Why is it called the Fulmer cup?

Orson Swindle (Spencer Hall) and Stranko Montana, the original writers for EDSBS, are Florida grads. No love lost on UT and their criminals, as opposed to Florida's. However, he is fair in awarding points.

Fulmer Cup Info

I think it is called the Fulmer Cup because of the former Tennesee coach Phil Fulmer. They had a doozy of suspensions and whatnot with their team a few years ago. Therefore, the cup was born.

Go Gophers!!!

Fulmer Cup

Oops, sorry. Tennessee is the correct spelling. I needed to use my college degree there. The Fulmer Cup should be very interesting this year. Very funny. Amazing what these young college rascals do for entertainment year-around. Stay tuned as it gets better and better.

Whaley's points from this year don't count because the incident occurred before the national champ game even if the media didn't get their greasy paws on it until much later.

fulmerkreme.jpg

Fulmer was a Choir Boy

It more appropriately should be The Switzer Cup, or The Meyer Cup. Both of these coaches not only had off field problems, but also combined that with payments that would make a banker blush. SMU got the Death Penalty and didn'[t play for a couple years.

Fulmer was became a SEC punching boy, when brought Tennessse to the front. Shoot remember Alabama's sanctions for basically paying an agent to get a player from Memphis. SEC Football is another league all together. The old addage south of Mason Dixon line, If you don't cheat, you get beat.

We should be losing points because Tinsley was not charged with a felony as was reported in the media.

If there's an actual cup to this competition, then we can tell the badger fans that we aren't completely trophy-less.

So that's a plus. :rolleyes:

If there's an actual cup to this competition, then we can tell the badger fans that we aren't completely trophy-less.

So that's a plus. :rolleyes:

It's actually a mirror and razor blade.

I have to question the validity of this poll when Michigan State is not on the 2009 poll (which ranked #1 - #44) even though they had 10 players suspended from the Alamo Bowl for a violent raid on a fraternity house that resulted in numerous convictions - if memory serves correctly.

I have to question the validity of this poll when Michigan State is not on the 2009 poll (which ranked #1 - #44) even though they had 10 players suspended from the Alamo Bowl for a violent raid on a fraternity house that resulted in numerous convictions - if memory serves correctly.

The Fulmer Cup only looks at incidents that happen during the off-season. All the MSU stuff happened in season and is thus not eligible for inclusion.

The standings can change in an instant! I mean just think, Notre Dame is only 1 more house party away from the lead!

That article was hilarious, when I was reading it I had to keep from laughing today at work. BAKE UP THE EGGOS

Top Bottom