Fuller: Wilson starting at LB

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
Also team is preparing as if Wells will be out. Interesting that Limegrover said center job is still open competition between Christiansen and Tommy Olson.

Gotta love Wilson at MLB with the way he attacks the line of scrimmage with his size and speed.

Watching Campbell run I would imagine he will be our 3rd linebacker

Watching Campbell run I would imagine he will be our 3rd linebacker

His resemblance to MarQueis Gray in stature and body movement is stunning. Seems like a D-1 athlete.

What can we expect from James Manuel? It appears he will get a lot of playing time and he has good size for an outside LB.

Not sure about his speed compared to Campbell, but I worry about how lean Campbell is now and if he will be able to fight through blocks.

What can we expect from James Manuel? It appears he will get a lot of playing time and he has good size for an outside LB.

Not sure about his speed compared to Campbell, but I worry about how lean Campbell is now and if he will be able to fight through blocks.

Manuel is a tweener. He started out as a safety and has made the move to linebacker, where he's considered undersized, so he's got speed. As for Campbell, he's seems to have the frame to be a large OLB. I'm anxious to see his in-game speed.

Manuel is a tweener. He started out as a safety and has made the move to linebacker, where he's considered undersized, so he's got speed. As for Campbell, he's seems to have the frame to be a large OLB. I'm anxious to see his in-game speed.

I don't think Manuel's issues are size. He has decent size for a LB (he was just a big DB), he is about the same size as Campbell, Hill or Rallis (the other guys probably getting time at OLB). His issues are more that he doesn't read the game very quickly. He is pretty good at things like blitzing or even man to man coverage. He had a problem last season in being in the right place.

Campbell is 6'5" 225lbs which is a lean OLB. He is the same weight as Manuel but 3 inches taller. It sounds like he can really move. . .

IMO folks are too concerned about who is starting. PT is what matters. Wilson, Lynn, Campbell, Manuel , and Hill will all get lots of minutes. They will probably get similar PT Thursday due to the heat and being non-conf games. Who starts come B1G play will mean much more as that guy likely gets 75%+ of the PT. At this point the competition continues through the games. Whoever plays better in games gets more PT in conference play. Patience.

Top Bottom