FSN: Upset win proves Gophers can utilize two-quarterback system well

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

"We're starting to believe, and that's really all that needs to be said right now," Nelson said. "We have the confidence rolling from week to week and we're finally starting to realize how good we really can be."

"At this point, it's just kind of a feel thing. I think different opponents will dictate a little bit who that guy is and who that starter's going to be," Limegrover said. "Coach Kill talks with the guys, both the quarterbacks. He said, 'The thing you can't worry about is that we're not going to have a starter each and every week that's going to be one guy and is clearly head and shoulders above the other. You're both going to play. You both need to approach it that way.'

"The guy who takes the first snap is merely taking the first snap, and that's how we talk to those guys about it. I think they both understand. The greatest thing about those two kids is there's no ego there. Neither one of them says, 'I need to be the starter,' or, 'I deserve to be the starter.'"

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/colle...rs-can-utilize-two?blockID=954925&feedID=3590

Go Gophers!!

Keep both ready, but make no mistake... Phil is THE GUY.

I don't get it. We don't have two quarterbacks. We have a quarterback, Phil, and a running back, leidner.

Top Bottom