FSN: Gophers safety Travis has laser-locked focus heading into senior campaign

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

The Gophers football team has started to establish a pipeline from its secondary to the NFL.

Last year it was safety Brock Vereen getting drafted by the Chicago Bears. This year, thanks in part to both his on-field accomplishments and an impressive showing at Minnesota's pro day, safety Cedric Thompson has seen his NFL stock rise.

There's a long way to go before next year's NFL draft, but the Gophers have a handful of seniors in the secondary who might have the opportunity to play on Sundays. That includes hard-hitting safety Damarius Travis, who put up solid numbers as a junior. As a starter in seven of the Gophers' 13 games, Travis finished fifth on Minnesota in tackles (61), tied for second in interceptions (2), and fourth in pass breakups (5).

Those numbers could increase during his senior season in 2015, which might lead to NFL scouts turning their heads. With spring ball still in full swing, though, Travis hasn't even started to think that far ahead.

"I don't really focus on that right now because I'm not trying to look past what I've got going on right now. That's helping out my teammates trying to win the Big Ten championship," Travis said when asked about a possible NFL future. "When that time comes, I'll worry about that. . . . Of course it's my dream, but I'm not focused on that right now. Not at all."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...-locked-focus-heading-into-senior-year-033115

Go Gophers!!

per FSN:

The Gophers football team has started to establish a pipeline from its secondary to the NFL.

Last year it was safety Brock Vereen getting drafted by the Chicago Bears. This year, thanks in part to both his on-field accomplishments and an impressive showing at Minnesota's pro day, safety Cedric Thompson has seen his NFL stock rise.

There's a long way to go before next year's NFL draft, but the Gophers have a handful of seniors in the secondary who might have the opportunity to play on Sundays

Jimmie Ward too

Top Bottom