FSN: Gophers notebook: Bye week comes at critical time

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

"I think the most important thing we do is get healthy. I think this time of year, that's critical for all teams is they've got to stay healthy (if you) expect to win," Kill said Tuesday on the Big Ten coaches teleconference. "The off week's come at a good time. A week from Saturday, we've got to play Wisconsin, so we need all the preparation we can get because they're a great football team."

"Really, we need a lot of guys to heal up. Caleb Bak, that's the thing when you're dealing with a concussion. You just have to see through the week. The off week certainly helps that," Kill said. "The off week couldn't come at a better time for us because I think physically, the Big Ten takes its toll on you. Some places we have a little bit of depth, and others we don't. This will be a real critical time for us, this week getting our legs back underneath us because we're going to play two physical football teams."

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/colle...ockID=961001&feedID=5930#.UoKcLc0okjM.twitter

Go Gophers!!

The timing works great for us and certainly against our opponent. Wisconsin can't take anything for granted against an Indiana team with their backs against the wall and their coaches know that. They couldn't be preparing for a more different style team than we are the week prior to playing us.

Can Indiana's speed game outrun Wisky's heavyduty game?

Indiana is really going to miss tevin Coleman, he is really good.

The timing works great for us and certainly against our opponent. Wisconsin can't take anything for granted against an Indiana team with their backs against the wall and their coaches know that. They couldn't be preparing for a more different style team than we are the week prior to playing us.

I'm with you, but the 2 things, IMO, that would really help the Gophers is for Wisconsin to have a physical and hard faught game this weekend. IU is not physical and the game could be a blowout.

Top Bottom