Frozen Four 2011

MrGopher

The Anti-Sioux
Reaction score
Haha! North Dakota gets shut out by Michigan 2-0!!

UMD beat Notre Dame 4-3.

Both were great games. Michigan's goalie was fantastic. Also, my nomination for future BigTen play-by-play: Gary Thorne. IMO, the guy is one of the best at calling a hockey game on TV. Really miss NHL on ESPN.... I'm pretty sure he's still doing baseball on ESPN though.

Thank you Michigan for putting down the Siouxage, but I gotta say Go Bulldogs!! Let's hope for another round of Minnesota Magic at the X in the Frozen Four.

Go UMD!!!

Seeing as I am from the Twin Ports and my sisters graduated from UMD, plus the fact I hated every other team in the Frozen Four makes this an easy choice.

It's amazing UMD could actually win two National Championships this year.

ironeyescody.jpg

:D

I wish we played Sue in other things so we can rag on them even more.

NORTHDAKOTABIRD.gif.pagespeed.ce.LV0aMSQ8oF.gif

.... and that guy is one of the pleasant ones. :)

I almost forgot..... is this the last Sioux game ever? I guess we'll see.

Haha! North Dakota gets shut out by Michigan 2-0!!

UMD beat Notre Dame 4-3.

Both were great games. Michigan's goalie was fantastic. Also, my nomination for future BigTen play-by-play: Gary Thorne. IMO, the guy is one of the best at calling a hockey game on TV. Really miss NHL on ESPN.... I'm pretty sure he's still doing baseball on ESPN though.

Thank you Michigan for putting down the Siouxage, but I gotta say Go Bulldogs!! Let's hope for another round of Minnesota Magic at the X in the Frozen Four.

Gary Throne does not do baseball anymore for ESPN. He is the PBP man for the Baltimore Orioles on MASN. But you right He is one of the best PBP in hockey.

I was at both games last night and the arena was easily 2/3 Siouxage. Tickets for the final were going for as little as 50-75 bucks after the game. If you have ever wanted to see a title game this would be your chance. tickets should be affordable outside the arena.

Also, my nomination for future BigTen play-by-play: Gary Thorne. IMO, the guy is one of the best at calling a hockey game on TV. Really miss NHL on ESPN....

Agreed. When I was working Spring Training in 2007 (you know, back when Gopher hockey was still good), Gary Thorne came up to the press box in the late innings of a midweek Marlins game. There was hardly anybody up there, and he came over to my office asking for a Mets media guide since he was going up to Port St. Lucie to call a game the next day.

I told him how much I enjoyed his calls during hockey broadcasts on ESPN, and that we needed hockey back on the network - his response was "You ain't kidding." The Gophers were playing Air Force in the NCAA Tournament that week, so I said I looked forward to hearing him call their Frozen Four game....unfortunately, payback was a biotch in the regional final.

NORTHDAKOTABIRD.gif.pagespeed.ce.LV0aMSQ8oF.gif

.... and that guy is one of the pleasant ones. :)

I almost forgot..... is this the last Sioux game ever? I guess we'll see.

Thanks for posting Mr. Gopher. I was sitting up in the suite level and saw that Sue fan at the end of the game. I thought that he was flipping Michigan players the bird but couldn't tell. Par for the course for fans of that persuasion.

Go Dogs tomorrow. Lets keep the title in the WCHA.

Thanks for posting Mr. Gopher. I was sitting up in the suite level and saw that Sue fan at the end of the game. I thought that he was flipping Michigan players the bird but couldn't tell. Par for the course for fans of that persuasion.

Go Dogs tomorrow. Lets keep the title in the WCHA.

Agreed! It would be great to see another University of Minnesota send Michigan home empty-handed. I must say: it is hard to watch the games with our "M" on the boards and the ice knowing the state of the program. With a chance to win a championship in our backyard again, you'd think our 19 NHL-drafted players could summon a bit more game than a WCHA playoff 1st round exit.:cry:

Oh well, at least another University of Minnesota has a chance at glory! Beat Meatchicken!

Go Gophers! (and Bulldogs tomorrow night!)

0-1 Michigan after the first.

(Also, I've heard Hail to the Victors 5 times, and UMD's song 0 times..... so I suppose they're winning in that department too)

2-2 after two periods.

A surprisingly high amount of chippy, unnecessary penalties for such a big game.

I completely lost count of times the mich band has played their fight song. Also, I love how little green there is at this game. I assume most of it is UND fans who gave up on their team and went back to north dakota. But, I hope that a good portion of it was fans who couldn't sell their tickets and had to bite the bullet and watch another game; this time too ashamed to wear their colors.

Still 2-2 after three periods. Exciting game.

Great game. Congrats to Duluth.

F*ck Michigan. Forever and ever. Amen.

Nice job Bulldogs!!!

It will be fun to see Big Ten hockey soon. This will definitely be the premier hockey conference.

Nice job Bulldogs!!!

It will be fun to see Big Ten hockey soon. This will definitely be the premier hockey conference.

boo-this-man.gif

Good win by the Dogs though. Good to see something good in Minnesota.

The idea of Big 10 hockey sickens me. The only reason for it is $$$$$$. Obviously, a small school from the WCHA has proven time and time again they can win it. Denver, UMD, even North Dakota is a small school even though they're one of the top programs...Bad for the college game IMO.

On another note, congrats UMD!!!! :)

Nice job Bulldogs!!!

I would probably change your post to say "It will not be fun to see Big Ten hockey soon. This will definitely not be the premier hockey conference." I agree with the part about the Bulldogs though.

WAY TO GO, DOGS!! Man, can this satellite campus ever bring home hardware?? Two NCAA titles in one year!
uMd!

Addendum: Seeing und and meatchicken go down in Frozen Four flames...Priceless!

Awesome work by the Dawgs!!! I'm jacked for Duluth as it's my old stompin' grounds and I knew several HS teammates go on to play football there (and had a few friends go play hockey there, too).

When it comes down to NCAA hockey, I'm literally TORN between UMD and the Gophers.

2 National Championships in one year for the Bulldogs.. Duluth = Titletown, baby!!

UMD_FB_National_Champs08.jpg

MN_Duluth_T1_0.jpg

Top Bottom