From FBT: It looks like Eure might be an academic casualty

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Luckily this isn't the thinnest group but I imagine we will see Goodger play this season now.

Talented, athletic kid who couldn't quite put it together. Here's hoping he can avoid ineligibility and make it onto the field.

If Eure is the only one, that's great news.

Too bad if true.
We are going to be throwing walk-ons into the mix this season at TE. Maybe move one of the RSFr tackles(Eggen, Lenkiewitz?) or play a True Frosh like Goodger at times.
Man I wish we could have held onto Matt Lacosse, he'd likely be in the mix right away.

Yeah, I have no idea if it is true or not but MV seems pretty up on things. But yeah, he is a talented kid who would have really had a chance to shine with our multiple TE / HBack sets.

I was surprised at how good Rabe looked and he will definitely have a chance to shine. McGarry's role will increase and some of the more traditional FBs who have been switched to HBack should see more PT (Cotton and Henry).

Too bad if true.
We are going to be throwing walk-ons into the mix this season at TE. Maybe move one of the RSFr tackles(Eggen, Lenkiewitz?) or play a True Frosh like Goodger at times.
Man I wish we could have held onto Matt Lacosse, he'd likely be in the mix right away.

I wouldn't go that far. We have two seniors in Eric Lair and Collin McGarry and also Juco transfer John Rabe. After that it's redshirt soph Sahr Ngekia.

You can relax, we'll be fine.

Agreed, Rabe looked solid at the spring "game" and Lair is a returning starter...we are in good shape and might help attracted a nice TE recruit (Johnson) or walk-on...

Reading his tweets the last week looked like something was up, I was hoping he wasn't having to leave the U.

Agreed, Rabe looked solid at the spring "game" and Lair is a returning starter...we are in good shape and might help attracted a nice TE recruit (Johnson) or walk-on...

Eure was going to be a SR, so it won't attract a potential 2012 recruit. However, it looks like the open scholarship might have gone to Mouton the JuCo WR (2011 recruit)

I do think people need to realize how TE/H-Back heavy our offense is going to be this year. Losing Eure is akin to losing a starter. Lair is going to move around a ton and I would imagine that what would have been our most common lineup would have been Lair at H-Back and Eure at TE.

I expect to see Goodger or Heifort not be RS this season now...

Top Bottom