From Bisonville: Gopher Game: Where are your seats thread

Well, section 239 is safe thus far. Praise the lord. Though really, it was kind of cool having a bunch of Iowa fans around when we took back Floyd last season.

yawn. and personally, i am a bit skeptical. a lot of those und sue rubes know guys like bleedgopher will scan their board from time to time, and i venture some of them are drastically over-inflating the number of tickets that they truly have purely for dramatic effect.

What in the f does "in Essentia" mean?

It's one of the many hospitals in Fargo... BTN isn't standard on the cable networks on here, therefore most hospitals will not carry it. I'm actually sitting in my office and can see it about a block away from me...

That puts me a little more at ease. I thought he was trying to say in absentia and I was in my mind lamenting another new low in my opinion of North Dakotans.

So far, so good for 212...at least at Bisonville.

Historically, we had a rash of scalper tickets around my area.

Here's to that ending this Saturday.

Go Gophers! In Kill We Trust!

yawn. and personally, i am a bit skeptical. a lot of those und sue rubes know guys like bleedgopher will scan their board from time to time, and i venture some of them are drastically over-inflating the number of tickets that they truly have purely for dramatic effect.

For certain, at least one person is over-inflating. They claim to have to have 10 seats in my row. I have 8 of the seats and there are only 15 total in the row.

:cool02::cool02:

Wisconsin said they'd have 15 to 20,000 at TCF. :cool: Iowa said they'd have 20 to 25,000 at the new "Kinnick North". :D

At least NDSU's 10,000 has a chance.

They do not allow sheep into TCF Bank Stadium.

Whatever. I put my seats on stubhub and craigslist because this weekend looks busy and they are still with me. I marked them up X's 2, but that shouldn't be too steep for a crew coming to take over Minneapolis.

Appears that even the NDSU Athletic Department is inflating the numbers:

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/c...cle_4ee42570-e31c-11e0-9cc6-001cc4c03286.html

NDSU was allotted 3,000 tickets, but associate athletic director Troy Goergen said he wouldn't be surprised to see 20,000 Bison fans in the stands. Some thought as many as 30,000 Bison supporters attended the 2007 game in the Metrodome.

"People have had this game on their calendar for a long time," Goergen said. "They're looking forward to being on a Big Ten college campus on game day."

I'm not surprised that so many Bison fans will be there. As upset as I'll be when I actually see the game (will watch it on-demand as I have a meeting Saturday evening and won't be able to attend), after seeing how many Bison fans were at the Dome those two years, I just chalk it up to a bunch of alumni and NoDakians having nothing better to do.

It would be great to see the Gophers blow them out and smile at their walk of shame, though.

I'm not surprised that so many Bison fans will be there. As upset as I'll be when I actually see the game (will watch it on-demand as I have a meeting Saturday evening and won't be able to attend), after seeing how many Bison fans were at the Dome those two years, I just chalk it up to a bunch of alumni and NoDakians having nothing better to do.

It would be great to see the Gophers blow them out and smile at their walk of shame, though.

It won't be close to 20,000. Most of us Bison fans, the rational ones anyway, are thinking 8 or 9,000. Minneapolis is the biggest alumni area for NDSU grads I believe so you can bet a lot of them will be out trying to scalp a ticket or two. My family for one, does have nothing better to do. Tickets to the game and Pop's work has season vikes tickets.

I remember in '06 when NDSU's kick got blocked we caught a lot of hell from Gopher fans the long walk back to our car...at the time we didn't even mind it, we were all smiles. We were just hoping the Bison could hang in there and leave with our dignity. Turns out Glen Mason got a bit more than he wanted....one of the best games I have ever watched.

I won't be pissed at all the NDSU fans at the game unless they get rude or destructive or something. Were they especially humble and gracious in 06 and 07? Not really. But they weren't markedly arrogant or offensive either. They were simply pumped because they had a good team and their fans had come out in force to witness their team outplaying the big boys. That's what good fans do - especially fans of smaller schools.

Now, do I hope we wipe the floor with them this Saturday? Hell yes. And would I like to see those Bison fans quiet and sad? Hell yes. But we should be gracious hosts and respect the fact that they have a good thing going in the FCS. Oh, and thank you, Bison fans, for your economic contribution to Gopher athletics, U parking, campus-area restaurants and hotels, and Minnesota gas stations and liquor stores. Feel free to spend your money in Minnesota any day!

My problem is not with the NDSU fans, but the Gopher fans who sold their tickets to these people. Same goes for Nebraska fans. Hawkeye, badger, and Sioux fans, on the other hand, I do have a problem with.

I will not be able to make this weeks game due to a wedding out of town and so my 6 tickets will sit empty. I am not selling them online to any Bison fans. I have no problem eating the cost of them for a game. And I gave my tailgate pass to neighbors in our tailgate lot that want to add another car this weekend.

My problem is not with the NDSU fans, but the Gopher fans who sold their tickets to these people. Same goes for Nebraska fans.

Yup. I would rather give my tickets away to people I know are Gopher fans than bring more Nebraska/Iowa/Wisconsin fans into our stadium.

....one of the best games I have ever watched.

Very rational post and had no problem with anything up until this....the Bison may have played tought and it was close down to the last play. But I can think of at least a dozen Gopher losses that were better games than that.

Have fun on Saturday.

I will not be able to make this weeks game due to a wedding out of town and so my 6 tickets will sit empty. I am not selling them online to any Bison fans. I have no problem eating the cost of them for a game. And I gave my tailgate pass to neighbors in our tailgate lot that want to add another car this weekend.

Donate them and get a tax deduction. http://www.tixfortots.org/

That's what I do when I can't make a game.

We will have a strong showing--9-12K is my bet (we travel well for and FCS team, and our fans are pretty damn will informed when it comes to football). And, however the game turns out, I hope the fans for both teams show respect. I for one know I will, and will do everything in my power to ensure other Bison fans do too, regardless of how the game turns out. As an FYI, we had somewhere in the 6-7K range in effin Cheyenne WY about 3 years ago, and, as you all know, that is a hell of a lot farther away the the Metro, plus we have a big alumi base in the Metro as well, and many from your favorite state of Whisky as well.

Bayfield - that is a great option. I forgot there was such a thing. I am going to look into that for sure.

The 3,000 tickets given to the NDSU athletic department were sold to people who donate the most to the program. Many other Bison fans like me bought tickets from the Gopher ticket office the day they went on sale.

Seriously? I'm a student in graduate school and I have ZERO money. Also, I'm a huge Gopher fan and always have. I just went to school at SDSU. I'll definitely be cheering for the Gophers this weekend. If you need someone to take them off your hands, let me know. PM me if you're interested.

Top Bottom