Friday = 4 Great Games At Big 10 Tourney

Reaction score
I attended the B10T today. As always, the Friday games did NOT disappoint.

Ohio State and Michigan was a nail biter. Buckeyes won because Wolverines failed to defend the inbounds play with 2 seconds left, allowing probable national POY Evan Turner to sink a 40 footer to W it for OSU.

Illinois dominated Wisky most of the game. Something woke up the Badgers late in the second half. Illini are fortunate to get W today.

Purdue and Northwestern played more of a football game. 10+ fouls on each team in each half. Boilers get W primarily because no one could stop Moore or Johnson.

Last but not least, Gophers finally defeated the Spartans. The "good" Gophers showed up tonight. I had to leave at halftime (3+ hours back to Chicago in driving rain most of the way) so not much insight to offer on second half or OT. Gophers played pretty well in first half.

A few tidbits. $40 for afternoon games and $65 for evening games is expensive but worth it.

Tubby now 33-12 (career) in postseason conference tournaments. And 17th straight 20+ W season.

Gophers need at least 1 more W (maybe 2 W) to get NCAA bid, depending on upsets elsewhere.

I like Devoe Joseph at PG. Colton Iverson is playing very well now.

Not very many Gophers fans compared to Sparty, Illini, or Purdue.

Conseco is MADE for basketball games. Great venue. Downtown Indy is superb for big events like this (and others).

I had a few minutes of nice conversation with Joel Maturi and just a wave to Tubby (that he returned).

...and just a wave to Tubby (that he returned).
I love you FoT. I honestly laughed out loud after reading this...:clap:

Also, you really think we absolutely need one more, maybe two to get in? You don't think we're in with a win tomorrow?

Considering the Gophers would win the BTT if they got two more wins I should hope they get a bid...

Gophers need at least 1 more W (maybe 2 W) to get NCAA bid, depending on upsets elsewhere.

Considering the Gophers would win the BTT if they got two more wins I should hope they get a bid...

[/B

By that, I meant 1 more W might not do it. It might require the automatic bid that comes with 2 more W.

just a wave to Tubby (that he returned).

youre_special_card_blue_orchid-p137491794564661604q6k5_400.jpg

FOT - Bummer you didn't get to see the end of our game, that would have been a perfect end to an extremely entertaining day of games. I went last season, but couldn't make it out this year. Have a few friends who did go, and they were raving about the games (mostly the Gopher W of course). It would have been pretty cool to see Turner's shot in person...

FOT - Bummer you didn't get to see the end of our game, that would have been a perfect end to an extremely entertaining day of games. I went last season, but couldn't make it out this year. Have a few friends who did go, and they were raving about the games (mostly the Gopher W of course). It would have been pretty cool to see Turner's shot in person...

My cousins (Ohio Staters) stayed in Indy and gave me cellphone updates every few minutes.

I couldn't believe Michigan didn't even guard Turner the entire trip down the floor. Still it took a 40 footer to beat them.

Top Bottom