Freshman You Are Most Excited About Seeing?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
With Lipscomb headed to JUCO, I'm curious what true freshman people are most excited about seeing this year? I would say newcomer, but I know most would say Hayo.

So for me, I would say it's a tie between Michael Carter and Bryant Allen. Carter because he's an absolute stud (Army All American) and he's at a position that he could make an impact quickly. And Allen because he has some speed and quickness that we haven't had very much. Combined with Stoudermire and Carpenter, we actually have a handful of gamebreakers on our roster.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are pretty much along the lines of what you said. All good points. Although he isn't a "true freshman"... I have a lot of interest in seeing Sam Maresh. Like most people, fan or foe, I am really pulling for this guy.

Yeah, if you want to include "grayshirts", I'd say I am even more excited to see MarQueis, Spencer Reeves and Sam. We have a great influx of young and new talent this year.

I'd have to go with Allen as well, he just seems very intriguing as an athlete that could be used in many ways. His HS video was unbelievable, cutting on dimes and getting up field. There was a recent interview with Decker that basically had him hinting that Allen is very gifted.
It will be interesting to see who makes an impact right off the bat, I would never had guessed that Stoudimire, Eskridge, or Mcknight would have even seen the field last year.

Right now I'm thinking freshmen contributors(play in most games)
QB-Gray
HB-Whaley
TE-Hagemen
OL-none(thank god)
WR-Allen
DE-If the weight room numbers were correct, KGM might see the field at some point, we could us some speed at DE
DT-don't think so(also a good thing)
OLB-Cooper, Reeves (special teams, 2 for 1 similar to Lawrence/Mannion,Davis/Hightower last year)
MLB-Maresh
CB-Carter (nickel/dime)
S-Lewis, Watkins (special teams, nickel/dime situations)
P-Oreske

I think Hageman has the tools to come in and be really good. TE should be a strong point for us this year if all goes well.

Maresh is the one I want to see on the field more than anyone else, because of all he has gone through.

Montee Ball, David Gilbert, Kraig Appleton and Shelby Harris.

Montee Ball, David Gilbert, Kraig Appleton and Shelby Harris.

I know you get confused because you spend so much time lurking and posting on this board, but the band geek circle jerk you're looking for is over at Buckyville.

5th Quarter!!!11!11

I know you get confused because you spend so much time lurking and posting on this board, but the band geek circle jerk you're looking for is over at Buckyville.

5th Quarter!!!11!11

CLASSIC! :clap:

Also, DB-Badger, did you really just come on here and post about some nameless freshmen that nobody has ever heard of? At least we have Michael Carter and MarQueis Gray, both who played in the biggest national HS all-star game. Have fun on your slide to the bottom third of the Big Ten, DB.

Also, DB-Badger, did you really just come on here and post about some nameless freshmen that nobody has ever heard of? At least we have Michael Carter and MarQueis Gray, both who played in the biggest national HS all-star game. Have fun on your slide to the bottom third of the Big Ten, DB.

Who the heck is DB?

You guys need to develop a little sense of humor. Lighten up, it is only football. We are not talking about world peace here.

The question was which freshman, not which Gophers freshman.

That's what I love about these (college) girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age (c) Dazed and Confused (with my editing))

DBag.

Does that help? Probably not.

I am light. It's a good time. I can't wait to witness a W against your ladies on October 3rd in person. I was there in 1986 when Rickey Foggie beat 'em down in Camp Randall. Now it's time to see it at home.

Take it easy on GV. Appleton was supposed to be an Army All America but he couldn't make the trip down to San Antonio due to an "ankle injury." By ankle injury I mean there was some sort of ankle bracelet monitoring his whereabouts.

You guys need to develop a little sense of humor. Lighten up, it is only football. We are not talking about world peace here.

Freaking awesome. You post (when you aren't spending hours trolling here) on a board where:

- A tough guy with the moniker of a 1970s fictional cop polices all anti-badger posts and threatens to kick in people's teeth at pregame tailgates (tough guy, for sure)
- Your boy myles makes racist posts about Gopher "criminals" and "thugs"
- Every band dork with balls enough to post anonymously on a message board measures his d!ck by the Badgers' wins and losses in a sport he undoubtedly never played past the 2nd grade. I've run across more beret-wearing, ex-clarinet playing, 155 lb weaklings at Badger games over the years to populate two Buckyvilles. The internet tough guy crap is a thin veil.

So spare me the "lighten up" bullsh!t, or so help me god I'll...(summoning my innermost dano).

I can't wait to see Hageman. I really think he is going to develop into a monster of a player.

If the question is who am I excited to see THIS season I'll have to go with Allen. Out of all the frosh he has the best chance to make an imediate impact in the return game. Carter could get some real PT as could others like Hageman but I really don't see those guys making a real impact on wins and losses, at least not in a noticeable way.

I'm really looking forward to seeing MarQueis Gray. Others, Bryant Allen & Rashede Hageman.

Kristin, Nicole, Emma, Hannah, Jenny, Carrie, Sarah, Sara, Jill...what are some other trendy freshmen names? Can't wait to see them at TCF.

I'm very excited to see Hageman. I think he will surprise us how much he is on the field. He is an absolute beast. I expect to see a lot of Carter as well.

Allen by far, especially after Decker's comments about him. Pittman has scared me into being very careful with my expectations for Carpenter.

Zach Budish, Nick Leddy, Seth Helgeson & Josh Birkholz :D

Football wise: Hageman.

assuming we're talking 2009 recruits I am looking forward to Allen. mostly because we know what a great athlete he is and I'm very intrigued wondering how he'll be used. outside of that i think I'm interested in Carter, just to see if he has what it takes to be great as he matures.

Gopher Freshman

Gotta really watch Kevin Whaley!

Should be a big stud at the RB position.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom