Freshman Most Likely to Contribute?

I think possibly Hoskins as a true freshman, although we haven't seen the coaches play a lot of different wrs. I'd be surprised if anyone burns a redshirt though unless there are a lot of injuries. As far as redshirt freshmen I think most of the 2021 class will contribute other than the olinemen.
I think having him as a returner can make a huge difference for us both for punts/kickoffs - time to make the Special Forces ELITE

If he's got the hands I'd love to see him on punt return. His agility in high school has been electric, though he's mainly been breaking non collegiate players ankles throughout central minnesota
Alexandria MN WR Kristen Hoskins is purported to run a 4.24 40 in HS!

The key for him is to stay healthy. It is too bad that Owatonna's RB Jason Williamson Gopher Football career was cut short by injury.

Redshirts: Steven Ortiz (CB) and Austin Booker (Edge). Both will have a path to playing time.

True: They will avoid burning the redshirt on any true freshman - particularly Zach Evans - unless they absolutely have to due to injuries.
Booker has put on 15+ pounds since reporting last June. Hopefully the added size and strength, along with his burst, will get him in the mix come football season.

I am always hesitant to predict/expect much from true freshman as it is a huge jump from high school to college.

But I do think there is a good chance that a young player along the D-Line (someone from the redshirt freshman class) could make an impact in 2022. Will be interesting to see if anyone really stands out during spring ball.

Booker has put on 15+ pounds since reporting last June. Hopefully the added size and strength, along with his burst, will get him in the mix come football season.
Nice. Fleck was already raving about his explosiveness during camp last year. I honestly expected him to get a few snaps this year, but maybe the size just wasn't there (plus we get pretty solid DEs). Excited about him!

Nice. Fleck was already raving about his explosiveness during camp last year. I honestly expected him to get a few snaps this year, but maybe the size just wasn't there (plus we get pretty solid DEs). Excited about him!
He was supposed to get some snaps at the end of the season, but was in concussion protocol for a few weeks. I sure hope the added size and strength translates to some meaningful snaps this season.

There will be lots of excitement come the Spring Scrimmage. I think PJ Fleck will have a good idea who he thinks can play right away. But, I won't be surprised if he tries to redshirt as many players as possible. Many of these kids will be much better with a full redshirt year. It also gives them a chance to adjust to college life with less stress. I will have no doubt some can play right away especially if there is a need.

There will be lots of excitement come the Spring Scrimmage. I think PJ Fleck will have a good idea who he thinks can play right away. But, I won't be surprised if he tries to redshirt as many players as possible. Many of these kids will be much better with a full redshirt year. It also gives them a chance to adjust to college life with less stress. I will have no doubt some can play right away especially if there is a need.
Well said. I agree 100%.

Top Bottom