Freshman guard Isaac Asuma draws comparison to Cam Christie

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Greder:

“There are a lot of similarities with IQ, feel, play the right way,” Johnsons said about Asuma and Christie in late August. Like Christie Asuma is “a development-type player that understands you have to put the work in.”

Go Gophers!!

So it's late September and we are writing about comments from late August to fill some space???
How lazy do you have to be to drip that out a month later? They are practicing now!

A fast-track developmental player maybe?
Yeah maybe. To me a development type player is someone who is going to need 2 or more years in college before they are ready to contribute. To me it doesn't make sense to say that and then compare him to someone who went pro after their freshman year. Christie was basically ready to go from day 1. He went through the ups and downs we would expect to see from a freshman, but he was ready to contribute immediately. Ben is somehow trying to temper expectations while also comparing him to a player that got drafted after their freshman year which hadn't happened within this program since Kris Humphries. I'm just arguing semantics anyway, I'm excited to see what Asuma can do this year. I am just hoping he can give a good 10-15 minutes a game. We have enough guards this year where we shouldn't be forced to play him more time than he is earned.

Top Bottom