FPI gives Gophers 12.1% chance to win B1G West

Gophers projected record is 6.5 wins and 5.7 losses, with a 73.7% chance of winning 6 games.

FWIW - non-conf opponent North Carolina is 25th in the rankings with a projected record of 8.2 wins and 4.2 losses.

We get this pre-season stuff, so here’s mine. Gophers 90% chance of winning the West. We should be tied for 2 in the conference. Do we beat Mich or OSU? I don’t care.

Interesting to see Iowa with better odds to win 6 games and better record, but below us in the rankings. I think 33rd if fair for a pre-season prediction. Can see us going as high as 12 and no lower than 45 for the season.

I guess Tanner mordecai’s 23 touchdowns and 1 interception against North Texas, Houston, Lamar, south Florida, and navy are enough to make Wisconsin the favorite in spite of his 10 touchdowns and 9 interceptions against Maryland, TCU, central Florida, Cincinnati, Tulane, and BYU.

I always thought the big ten was more like the bottom of the American conference than like the top anyways.

I guess Tanner mordecai’s 23 touchdowns and 1 interception against North Texas, Houston, Lamar, south Florida, and navy are enough to make Wisconsin the favorite in spite of his 10 touchdowns and 9 interceptions against Maryland, TCU, central Florida, Cincinnati, Tulane, and BYU.

I always thought the big ten was more like the bottom of the American conference than like the top anyways.

Thank you for your post.

Good, solid information. Facts and stats are interesting, yes? (y)

Has anybody seen any bonafide futures odds on, say, the Gophers winning the B!G West in 2023?

If the odds are a little long on the long side, I might be tempted (even though I never bet).

Has anybody seen any bonafide futures odds on, say, the Gophers winning the B!G West in 2023?

If the odds are a little long on the long side, I might be tempted (even though I never bet).
Honestly I think the west is wide open.
I would bet money against Purdue and northwestern.

Other 5 all have potential but major flaws.
I would probably pick it:

7) Purdue
6) northwestern
5) Illinois
4) wisconsin
3) Nebraska
2) Iowa/Minnesota (I think Minnesota is better but I can’t pick them to win it with that schedule….gopher schedule means you need to go perfect 7/7 in the games you could win to win the west in most seasons.)

It should be a fun season in the west though. Honestly anyone winning it wouldn’t surprise me except northwestern and Purdue.

Top Bottom