FoxNews' Shephard Smith is campaigning for new Ole Miss bball practice facility

KyGopherfan

Reaction score
This is starting to become an embarrassment for Maturi. Good grief! If lowly Ole Miss, can get a practice facility together, why are we dragging our feet? Their program sucks. The state doesn't even realize there's even a basketball team there (though Kennedy's a good coach). I refuse to believe that there's more money in Mississippi than Minnesota. I'm sure the U has much richer alums, not to mention the ubiquitous corporations headquartered in the Twin Cities. We got one of the best coaches in the country, and we don't even have a drawing of a practice facility yet. Not even a diagram!!

http://www.olemiss.edu/news2/practicefacility/?DB_OEM_ID=2600

This is starting to become an embarrassment for Maturi. Good grief! If lowly Ole Miss, can get a practice facility together, why are we dragging our feet? Their program sucks. The state doesn't even realize there's even a basketball team there (though Kennedy's a good coach). I refuse to believe that there's more money in Mississippi than Minnesota. I'm sure the U has much richer alums, not to mention the ubiquitous corporations headquartered in the Twin Cities. We got one of the best coaches in the country, and we don't even have a drawing of a practice facility yet. Not even a diagram!!

http://www.olemiss.edu/news2/practicefacility/?DB_OEM_ID=2600

Maybe just maybe because there's still several, several million to raise for that new facility across the street from Williams and Mariucci? Why on earth would you hit people up for money for a basketball facility when you still haven't paid off a 50,000 seat, state of the art football facility.

Because there's people that will donate for a bball facility that won't for other facilities. I only care about basketball and I would gladly donate money for a basketball facility before I would a baseball. At least Ole Miss has a website soliciting contributions. We don't even have that. Hell, Maturi would probably get Kentuckians who liked Tubby to donate money for a bball facility.

Hell, Maturi would probably get Kentuckians who liked Tubby to donate money for a bball facility.

Good idea. Run with that.

I've said it a few times, but everyone needs to take a deep breath on the whole practice facility thing. I have heard from a couple people that there's more money in place than is being publicly ballyhooed, and that this isn't as far away from happening as many people seem to think.

Top Bottom