Fox Sports: How Richard Pitino Gophers are erasing the memory of a disastrous season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Evan Daniels:

Midway through the year, the Gophers are 14-2 and boast a top 15 road victory over Purdue. In the non-conference they lost just one game — No. 12 Florida State — and knocked off Arkansas, St. John’s and Vanderbilt. They were the first team out of last week’s AP top 25 and have since added a win over Northwestern and will face Ohio State on Sunday before the next rankings are released.

“I just think winning breeds confidence, everyone just listens a little bit better when you’re winning,” Pitino said. “Guys are more positive. Guys feel good about themselves, and at the end of the day as a coach that’s what you want.”

That type of confidence is showing on the court.

On Dec. 27, in Minnesota’s first league game in the Big Ten, the Gophers blew a lead late in the game and lost to perennial Big Ten power Michigan State in overtime. Quite frankly, it was a game Minnesota should have won.

But the Gophers bounced back in arguably the most important stretch of the season, with the back-to-back road wins over Purdue and Northwestern.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...ino-nate-mason-trevon-bluiett-notebook-010617

Go Gophers!!

I hope the Fleck news doesn't overshadow the hoops team on Sunday. This group has been playing really well and I hope is earning back the support of a lot of people after that disastrous season. That said, it would not be good to start the home portion of the conference slate 0-2...we need a good showing from everybody fans, players, and coaches to keep this momentum going.

Yeah, now lets not have that typical post-positive-news meltdown against tOSU.

Got to win at home in the Big Ten...that is just how it goes.

Top Bottom