FOX Alert: Brewster Fired

Does this make it official to the 30% who only believe things Fox tells them?;) Sorry, couldn't help it.

new news at 10

Brett Favre to have interview with NFL league offices on Tuesday for inappropriate text's and images questions on Tuesday. Follow up story to follow.

Good. He was a great lover of the U and it's tradition he just couldn't coach.

FWIW this is no new material. It only cites the GI story same as everyone else. Whether he is fired/resigning and whether he'll coach the rest of the season is unclear at this moment. Also, supposedly the players are staging a last-minute attempt to save him per various tweets. No offense, but I hope they just let it go.

"But...but...but...they'd never announce firing him mid-season."

Well they got their wish...

Good. He was a great lover of the U and it's tradition he just couldn't coach.

That's pretty much how I feel about the situation as well. Brewster was a terrible coach but I did like his attitude about the U and his players.

Brewster is a very positive guy who respected the U and it's tradition. His experience was basically a tight ends position coach in the pros and recruiter for Mack Brown in college. He's great guy who was put in over his head because of his positive attitude and because he was cheap!

Maturi said that he (Maturi) would be judged by his hire. Brewster is now gone and I for one wish him all the best. Maturi should be next to go and not be allowed to be involved in the hiring process of the next coach. Per the standard he himself set! It's time for him to go back to Chisholm and do some fishing.

The interesting part now will be 'who is in chanrge of making the next hire?'

A brand new stadium and a 'rock bottom' FB program will hopefully trigger the powers that be to get their act together and take this seriously.

Joel Maturi is the perfect AD for promoting non-revenue sports and counting beans. Time to pay attention to the revenue producing sports.

My concern would be they play it too safe with the next hire. That might bring some stability back to the program, but in 3 or 4 years the questions of whether or this new coach is ever going to get the Gophers over the hump are going to surface.

Top Bottom