Fox 9: Should Hollywood immortalize 2013 Gopher season?

BleedGopher

Reaction score

As I recall, in the winter of '91-'92 it was reported that a Hollywood production company had paid the Twins for the rights to make a movie about their '91 season. I remember speculation about who would play Kirby Puckett, Dan Gladden, Kent Hrbek, Jack Morris, etc etc.

If that film ever came out, I must have missed it.

As I recall, in the winter of '91-'92 it was reported that a Hollywood production company had paid the Twins for the rights to make a movie about their '91 season. I remember speculation about who would play Kirby Puckett, Dan Gladden, Kent Hrbek, Jack Morris, etc etc.

If that film ever came out, I must have missed it.

Not unless we win the Rose Bowl.

The question is: Will the movie be more like "Miracle" or more like "Brian's Song"?

e.bigelow could play Philiip Nelson. They look almost exactly alike.

They forgot to add a few villains to the plot. How about Souhan? I wonder if his buddy in Indy is chiming in this week?

They forgot to add a few villains to the plot. How about Souhan? I wonder if his buddy in Indy is chiming in this week?

I'm imagining a movie including Souhan as the enemy. It's not a good movie.

I like Clint Howard as Coach Kill, but hear me out:

Anthony Hopkins as Coach Kill
George C. Scott as Coach Claeys
Alan Hale Jr as Coach Limegrover
Shia LeBoof as Coach Miller
Denzel Washington as Rashede Hageman
Ben Stiller as Philip Nelson
Daniel Radcliffe as Mitch Leidner
Lucy Liu as Gopher Lady

Great. The kiss of death. Talking 'movie' after 2 victories has goocher written all over it. Thanks, Fox 9, for ruining what was starting to look like a promising season for the Gophers.

Great. The kiss of death. Talking 'movie' after 2 victories has goocher written all over it. Thanks, Fox 9, for ruining what was starting to look like a promising season for the Gophers.

Don't worry. If the link wasn't posted only a couple dozen people would worry about it anyway. Half of them in Nursing Homes.

Don't forget... Fox 9 was the outfit that broke the hard hitting story about college hockey players drinking beer. The shockwaves from that are still reverberating around the Twin Cities.

I like Clint Howard as Coach Kill, but hear me out:

Anthony Hopkins as Coach Kill
George C. Scott as Coach Claeys
Alan Hale Jr as Coach Limegrover
Shia LeBoof as Coach Miller
Denzel Washington as Rashede Hageman
Ben Stiller as Philip Nelson
Daniel Radcliffe as Mitch Leidner
Lucy Liu as Gopher Lady

Mindy Kaling as Gopher Lady

Ronald Reagan as Taylor Martinez
Paul Lynde as Bo Pelini (I couldn't remember his name so I Googled "gay guy on hollywood squares" and it worked!)

Stephen Tobolowski as Norwood Teague? The Dos Equis guy as Sid Hartman? Andy Serkis as Goldy? And if Chris Farley was still around, it would be fitting if he played Joel Maturi!

Stephen Tobolowski as Norwood Teague? The Dos Equis guy as Sid Hartman? Andy Serkis as Goldy? And if Chris Farley was still around, it would be fitting if he played Joel Maturi!

I'm pretty sure Joel was actually Chris Farley's high school football coach in Madison.

I'm pretty sure Joel was actually Chris Farley's high school football coach in Madison.

Yes he was, and if I remember correctly, the motivational speaker character (the "van down by the river" guy) started as Farley's impersonation of Maturi, so that's why I thought he'd do a good job playing Joel.

Andy Dick as Prexy Kaler
Mike Tyson as Aaron Hill
Morgan Freeman as Donnell Kirkwood
Isaac Hayes as Isaac Hayes
Jennifer Love Hewitt as Rebecca Hill

Fred Thompson as Norwood.

Jabba the Hut as Reusse.

Brad Pitt as Coach Kill.

Coach Limegrover would require two actors.
Jonah Hill (pre weight loss)
Christian Bale (post weight loss)

Maybe for coach Kill: Rob Lowe with a prosthetic forehead?

Top Bottom