Fox 9: Minnesota Gophers offense: What will it look like in 2022?

Did he already graduate and is about to start grad school this Spring?

From that perspective, playing the final year of eligibility and getting that master's paid for makes sense. Why not? It is a win-win for him and Gopher Football.

I'm curious if Ciarocca has made nuanced changes to his system. Certainly he has his base and core philosophy, but perhaps time with two other P5 programs may have given him some ideas and the system or game planning has evolved.

There are lots of reasons why our O can improve. Only if the OL is solid. Same with our D. We need solid line play on both sides and that is our biggest question mark at this time.
Was biggest question mark but Fleck's highest priority in the portal. The guys we got on the two lines far surpasses what we could have from five more 4 star recruits.

I'm curious if Ciarocca has made nuanced changes to his system. Certainly he has his base and core philosophy, but perhaps time with two other P5 programs may have given him some ideas and the system or game planning has evolved.
All good coaches improve and evolve. Even Sanford may be better at Colorado.

You think so? Maybe I'm in unpopular opinion territory but I think he has a lot to prove still. He's definitely not at the level Maxx Williams was.
His athleticism seems to be there. Finally got an opportunity this year. Also has 3 inches on Max.

I know this is yesterday's news. But I am curious. Does anyone know why Brady Boyd transferred other than wanting to be closer to home? It couldn't be because he wanted to play on the same team as his HS QB. Clinton Ewers transferred to Texas while Brady Boyd ended up at Texas Tech.

I liked him as a WR for the Gophers.

I know this is yesterday's news. But I am curious. Does anyone know why Brady Boyd transferred other than wanting to be closer to home? It couldn't be because he wanted to play on the same team as his HS QB. Clinton Ewers transferred to Texas while Brady Boyd ended up at Texas Tech.

I liked him as a WR for the Gophers.

Maybe as simple as he’s a Texas kid, and had an opportunity to play in a power 5 pass-first offense. MN weather, PJF, and the MN offense isn’t for everyone.

Elite, dominant offensive potential. Let them play. Take the handcuffs off. Defenses will take risks to try to make this multi-talented offense one dimensional and predictable. Don’t give the defenses a huge success out of the gate by intentionally game-planning a one dimensional, predictable offense. Use your weapons. Game plan for blow outs, not last second wins.

Elite, dominant offensive potential. Let them play. Take the handcuffs off. Defenses will take risks to try to make this multi-talented offense one dimensional and predictable. Don’t give the defenses a huge success out of the gate by intentionally game-planning a one dimensional, predictable offense. Use your weapons. Game plan for blow outs, not last second wins.
Defense win championships provided you have a pretty decent offense. Let's see the Gophers elevate their killer instincts on offense to beyond the next level.

Athan is here. Let's dial up the explosive passing attack to complement a great running game. That will be elite!

We also know that after spring ball we will see several departures and open up opportunities to bring in a couple more portal transfers. Roster is no where near set.

Thoughts on wildcat for next year? Kirk used it with Seth. Looked different with Kramer (and Sanford). Will it be back at all? Still Kramer? Athan?

I am indifferent if we run it or not, but just curious if people think it will be back and what it will look like.

Thoughts on wildcat for next year? Kirk used it with Seth. Looked different with Kramer (and Sanford). Will it be back at all? Still Kramer? Athan?

I am indifferent if we run it or not, but just curious if people think it will be back and what it will look like.
Will certainly be interesting to see if they do incorporate any sort of wildcat. Kramer definitely seems comfortable running the ball from the QB position so he adds a nice wrinkle.

Could look to go with an even more traditional wildcat with someone like Bucky taking the snap to get him and Mo in the backfield together. KC has some pieces to work with, will be fun to see what he decides to do.

Lonenoa Faoa is the most solidly built QB. 6’1” 220. I wonder what kind of runner he is. Maybe he gets a chance on short yardage, wildcat situations. Pure speculation based on his size and the fact he is still here after Zach A and Clark transferred.

Lonenoa Faoa is the most solidly built QB. 6’1” 220. I wonder what kind of runner he is. Maybe he gets a chance on short yardage, wildcat situations. Pure speculation based on his size and the fact he is still here after Zach A and Clark transferred.
Or he is still here because he likes going to school and being on the football team. We get conditioned to think that all guys are making decisions based on getting to the NFL or being a starter but that isn't always the case.

Yeah, I don't think he's where Maxx was in terms of speed and athleticism. Maybe it's there and he just hasn't shown it, but I haven't seen it yet.
3 inches in height over Maxx can look a lot differently running.

All the clips I’ve seen have Tanner, Cole and Athan taking snaps.

Top Bottom