Fox 9: Gophers Football team rallies around girl starting second battle with cancer at special movie party

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Fox 9:

Before 9-year-old Megan Wagner starts her second round of chemotherapy to fight against Osteosarcoma, she hosted a “movie party” with the Minnesota Gopher Football team, an organization that’s come out in big numbers to support her.

“I’m really excited for this so I’m keeping my mind on the movie thing and not on surgery,” Megan said.

Next week Megan will undergo surgery to remove part of a tumor on her leg. After that, she’ll start her second go-around with chemotherapy at M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital.

“We’re going to have a movie party for the Gopher players and the coaches and almost everyone,” Megan said.

Megan’s family planned a “movie party” at the Mann Theater in Plymouth where Megan got to invite around 80 of her closes friends to watch Frozen II together before she heads back to the hospital. More than sixty players, Coach PJ Fleck, his wife Heather, player Casey O’Brien and some of Megan’s friends from the hospital came to show her support.

The Gopher Football Organization has formed a special bond with Megan. Players and coaches visit her in the hospital.

Megan is battling the same cancer Gopher Football player Casey O’Brien has beaten five times.

“She’s already done it once before and she shows what it’s like to row the boat and use our culture to beat cancer and she’s going to do it again,” O’Brian said.

Go Gophers!!

Saw this story last night since it aired right after Lego Masters. It is always impressive to see a positive story about the football program in the off season, and the broadcasters couldn't stop heaping praise on the program and the genuine care for Megan that these players show.

Saw this story last night since it aired right after Lego Masters. It is always impressive to see a positive story about the football program in the off season, and the broadcasters couldn't stop heaping praise on the program and the genuine care for Megan that these players show.

Holy shit Lego Masters was last night ... man I hope my DVR caught it or I and my 10 year old are going to be pretty upset...

Shoots, didn't realize KMSP 9 was doing a story. Couldn't find it. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong spot. Suggestions?

Top Bottom