Foundations crumbling

Losing Rossi looks like a setback - but we don't know how it all shakes out.

Who will be hired as the new DC or assistant coach (if one of the current assistants becomes the DC)?

what impact will this have on recruiting?

what impact will this have on the style of play?

-----FWIW - there were a lot of people on this board complaining about the performance of the defense this season. well, the DC is leaving. Maybe a new person with a new approach might prove to be a positive change. don't get me wrong - I think Rossi is a good coach. but for whatever reason, things were not working this season. you can blame it on youth or inexperience, but it's the coach's job to take the personnel he has and make the best of it. maybe a different coach will find a way to help these players that Rossi - for whatever reason - could not find.

it's like turning down a road that you've never travelled before. you don't know what's waiting for you until you get there. might be something good - might be something out of a Stephen King novel. (if you run into a really thick mist, stay out of the grocery store).

Losing Rossi looks like a setback - but we don't know how it all shakes out.

Who will be hired as the new DC or assistant coach (if one of the current assistants becomes the DC)?

what impact will this have on recruiting?

what impact will this have on the style of play?

-----FWIW - there were a lot of people on this board complaining about the performance of the defense this season. well, the DC is leaving. Maybe a new person with a new approach might prove to be a positive change. don't get me wrong - I think Rossi is a good coach. but for whatever reason, things were not working this season. you can blame it on youth or inexperience, but it's the coach's job to take the personnel he has and make the best of it. maybe a different coach will find a way to help these players that Rossi - for whatever reason - could not find.

it's like turning down a road that you've never travelled before. you don't know what's waiting for you until you get there. might be something good - might be something out of a Stephen King novel. (if you run into a really thick mist, stay out of the grocery store).
Agree with all this

And I think it’ll make evaluating fleck at the end of 2024 and/or 2025 a lot cleaner either in a good way or a bad way.

As recently as last summer I felt like the football program was on a solid foundation.
Competitive, and stable. Strong along both lines. Good coaching. Almost everyone buying in and rowing in the same direction.

Today, it feels just the opposite. Turmoil. Defections. Back-biting. Questionable talent.
The entire program has the feel of INstability.
Did you ever think this would happen though? A lateral move for Rossi or s l i g h t upgrade and he's gone?
What's next? We could have defections from the portal or our recruiting class.
PJ needs a significant hire quickly to ease everybody's fears of destruction.

Did you ever think this would happen though? A lateral move for Rossi or s l i g h t upgrade and he's gone?

Making decisions based on the panicked, knee-jerk reactions of Chicken Little is not a sound leadership plan. The panicky types will to continue to howl, scream and rant no matter what the coach decides to do.

A realist recognizes a real problem and takes a rational approach to tackling it head on. He sees obstacles for what they are: an inevitable part of life.

The perpetually negative person/constant critic is cut from different cloth.

Making decisions based on the panicked, knee-jerk reactions of Chicken Little is not a sound leadership plan. The panicky types will to continue to howl, scream and rant no matter what the coach decides to do.

A realist recognizes a real problem and takes a rational approach to tackling it head on. He sees obstacles for what they are: an inevitable part of life.

The perpetually negative person/constant critic is cut from different cloth.
Another nothingburger from AI Murray.

I think most recruits come for the HC and position coach, so if anyone leaves, I'd bet on them being from the LB room. Not sure he needs to rush anything.

I think most recruits come for the HC and position coach, so if anyone leaves, I'd bet on them being from the LB room. Not sure he needs to rush anything.

Exactly.

As I recall, Fleck's first hire for DC was a failure, but he recovered well from that and made an excellent choice the last time out.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.

All I'm seeing here is a possible NIL partnership with Crumbl cookie.

Wasn't Dino Barbers strength Defense? Wonder if he'd consider being a consultant? My guess is he could do that while waiting out his Syracuse contract. That is assuming that he has to wait to collect what he is due because he was terminated without cause (?).

Darius Taylor has requested an update on the crumbling
#BestThreadEva

Wasn't Dino Barbers strength Defense? Wonder if he'd consider being a consultant? My guess is he could do that while waiting out his Syracuse contract. That is assuming that he has to wait to collect what he is due because he was terminated without cause (?).
You usually come to some sort of deal where the school's obligations are reduced but they are not offset by future income. This really only works if the coach doesn't want any time off.

However, Babers spent most of his career coaching offense.

Top Bottom