Former recruit Ethan Grant, GL you may know the answer to this......

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
I'm watching the TCU game wondering if one of our former targets, Ethan Grant, has gotten any touches. I click on his bio page and notice he lists 'Victor Kiese' as his father. He is from the same school as our current WR Victor Kiese, were these two half brothers?? I don't remember this ever being brought up on this board last year.

When we were recruiting Ethan Kiese's father was very active in the recruiting but I don't think he was ever formally mentioned as his father,

TCU

Why so many run-ins with TCU lately? I know they took Ethan Grant, but they also snagged Chris Hawkins last year who had visited MN and verballed, and they briefly had Josh Huff switch his verbal from MN to TCU (before ultimately signing with Orgeon. I think Huff changed when Grant committed to TCU because they were loaded with RBs. Incidentally, Huff seemed like the most confused recruit of recent memory - publicly declaring a verbal to 4 different schools prior to his LOI - Utah, MN, TCU and Oregon). My TCU theory is that MN, IA, WI, etc have historically done well finding guys in Texas that were one tier down from UT, A&M, and SEC school caliber. With TCU's recent rise to prominence, they keep a lot of kids in Texas by giving them another "apparent" big-program option.

Why so many run-ins with TCU lately? I know they took Ethan Grant, but they also snagged Chris Hawkins last year who had visited MN and verballed, and they briefly had Josh Huff switch his verbal from MN to TCU (before ultimately signing with Orgeon. I think Huff changed when Grant committed to TCU because they were loaded with RBs. Incidentally, Huff seemed like the most confused recruit of recent memory - publicly declaring a verbal to 4 different schools prior to his LOI - Utah, MN, TCU and Oregon). My TCU theory is that MN, IA, WI, etc have historically done well finding guys in Texas that were one tier down from UT, A&M, and SEC school caliber. With TCU's recent rise to prominence, they keep a lot of kids in Texas by giving them another "apparent" big-program option.

FWIW, I believe Hawkins was a non-qualifier.

Top Bottom