Former Gophers football lineman Josh Campion sues U over concussion treatment

Normally I feel for people suffering from concussions, but to sue the U of M right before the start of the season? I hope he has miserable headaches and other symptoms every dang day for the rest of his life. Screw you campion.
stupid take

Oh yeah, they're throwing the kitchen sink at it. I don't see how there is really a cause of action against the NCAA or Big 10.

Again, I'm not saying that I agree with the argument but their argument will be that the Big 10 and the NCAA made an immense amount of money on college football. They also know that coaches use Toradol and they should know that it is likely used to mask migraine symptoms. There was a very public accusation by Chris Borland years ago. If they didn't know, they certainly should have known. Their ignorance seems to conveniently be associated with prolonging an activity that derives them enormous profit.

To use an analogy, in the opioids cases, there isn't a single pharmaceutical manufacturer, distributor, or retailer that wrote a single prescription. Every single one of the people who obtained opioids legally, did it because a doctor wrote a prescription for the product. They were not able to say "hey, we don't check to make sure these prescriptions were valid". The cause of actions were based on the idea that if they weren't checking, they certainly should have been.
Yeah but the ncaa and big ten didn’t make ANY of these things. I get that they are going to throw stuff at the wall. But if the big ten or ncaa lose this case they have horrible lawyers

Top Bottom