Former Gopher Lamanzer Williams named prep coach

Hope he likes tulips and windmills. I wonder if his players have to wear wooden shoes?

Seriously, one of the all-time great "Gopher names" as well.

I was at the 1997 Penn St game and he was a BEAST! Too bad we lost that one. The ref screwed us with the phatom interference penalty which was right in front of us Gopher fans but that's another story. Congrats to Lamanzer!

Good for him! I remember his senior games against Michigan and Penn State. When he made All-America, I nearly fell out of my chair - first one since 1972 (25 years).

Reminds me of one of my favorite Ray Christensen moments. I think it was either Wacker's last year, or Mason's first, but the Gophers were at Michigan State. I was listening to the radio while doing yard work. Ray said, "Lamanzer comes from the right. Parc comes from the left. They meet at the Michigan State runningback and say thank you very much. How do you like your Williams burger?"

Reminds me of one of my favorite Ray Christensen moments. I think it was either Wacker's last year, or Mason's first, but the Gophers were at Michigan State. I was listening to the radio while doing yard work. Ray said, "Lamanzer comes from the right. Parc comes from the left. They meet at the Michigan State runningback and say thank you very much. How do you like your Williams burger?"

Well done.

Top Bottom