For all you crying about seeing Gray

HE CANNOT HOLD ON TO THE BALL. Ask anyone who watches practices and they will tell you he fumbles WAY to much to be trusted in a game.

We don't CARE what he looks like in practice. I'm sure Weber looks like the patron saint of quarterbacks in practice. Fat lot of good that does.

cant be any wosre thn 7-50 for 79 yards and an INT.

vs PU: 5/9 - 74 yards - 2 INT's
vs PS: 8/17 - 88 yards - 1 INT

Yes, it can and has been - worse.

Most QB's put up better yardage than that and throw more TD's (ok ANY TD's) than INT's in a single game. Brewster is either stubborn or retarded. Weber is not working. Blame what you will, but he can't scramble, can't run the ball, is inaccurate, is 2 years older than our backup (who can't do any worse) thus isn't worth the investment, and he's getting WORSE over time.

May as well just run the Wildcat every play, letting a RB take the snap, or Stoudamire (who was a HS QB) or Gray for the trick play. Again, can't do worse than 123 Total Yards.

HE CANNOT HOLD ON TO THE BALL. Ask anyone who watches practices and they will tell you he fumbles WAY to much to be trusted in a game.

And your point is?

Put him in. If he fumbles consistently in the game, then he's not the guy. Weber is probably looks like a Heisman candidate in practice against our pass defense, so obviously practice isn't the best indicator of game performance in all cases.

Stop apologizing for horrendous QB play. It's not all the fault of the line. Get a clue.

You Weber appologists make me sick and tired. Get off this [practice crap. Brewster has been bragging on Gray for 2 years. Either he has it or he doesn't. IF he doesn't then put in Moses and let him part the defense.

I'm pretty sure he can equal today's scoring output. GIVE HIM A SHOT!

I'm pretty sure he can equal today's scoring output. GIVE HIM A SHOT!

No. Do you want to shoot any of the confidence this kid has against a team like Penn State with one of the best defenses in the country? Think about what you just said for a second.

i dont care if he's worse than weber. its not like weber is helping us win. Getting gray some playing time will be good for us in the long run.

Why all the love for Weber? I just can't understand all the preaching for patience with Weber and what Grey does in practice. The proof is in wins and losses. Weber continues to struggle every game and is not improving only declining in performance. Not sure why Brew has all this loyalty to Weber unless Gray is just not as good as some of us think he may be. There were opportunities for Brew to give Gray some PT in the last two games and he failed to make an attempt. What does he have to lose at this point?

My problem with watching Weber is that there has been little improvement - he is basically the same QB he was two years ago. At times, very solid (not great, but solid); more often, utterly unwatchable.

And the most disappointing thing is that he still (STILL!) after three seasons of starting every game, DOES NOT LOOK OFF A RECEIVER! He doesn't even sneeze in a direction other than where he is going to throw the ball. I don't understand how this fatal flaw has not been addressed and if it has, nothing has carried over to game day.

With regards to Gray, I do not for the life of me understand why the coaching staff will not let him throw the ball. If nothing else, let him drop back and if nothing is open, let him run. I believe he had two plays in the first half, both of which he handed off - I mean, at what point does he start to get frustrated?

And how frustrated must every receiver other than Decker and Tow-Arnett be? Besides rarely seeing the ball, they are getting absolutely destroyed when they do have one come their way because everybody in the stadium is watching Weber stare intended target down for three seconds prior to throwing.

After three seasons, as much as I wish there had been, there has been no progress with Weber. I for one, despite being a Weber apologist as well, am counting the days until #5 is playing QB on a regular basis.

Was there really a good reason when we got under 6 minutes to go in the 4th, that we didn't run MarQueis out there for some non-gimmick snaps?

Is a red-shirt eminent?

My problem with watching Weber is that there has been little improvement - he is basically the same QB he was two years ago. At times, very solid (not great, but solid); more often, utterly unwatchable.

And the most disappointing thing is that he still (STILL!) after three seasons of starting every game, DOES NOT LOOK OFF A RECEIVER! He doesn't even sneeze in a direction other than where he is going to throw the ball. I don't understand how this fatal flaw has not been addressed and if it has, nothing has carried over to game day.

With regards to Gray, I do not for the life of me understand why the coaching staff will not let him throw the ball. If nothing else, let him drop back and if nothing is open, let him run. I believe he had two plays in the first half, both of which he handed off - I mean, at what point does he start to get frustrated?

And how frustrated must every receiver other than Decker and Tow-Arnett be? Besides rarely seeing the ball, they are getting absolutely destroyed when they do have one come their way because everybody in the stadium is watching Weber stare intended target down for three seconds prior to throwing.

After three seasons, as much as I wish there had been, there has been no progress with Weber. I for one, despite being a Weber apologist as well, am counting the days until #5 is playing QB on a regular basis.

Want to know why they won't let Gray sit back and throw a pass and if nothing else let him try and run with the ball? Because they aren't going to throw in the towel and give up on a senior driven team who have stayed with the Program for four years. The last attempt Gray had he vastly under threw a receiver and missed the wide open one who was right in front of his face in the first place. And that was against Purdue.

That's an exaggeration. He was being chased out of the pocket and threw on the run, placing the ball on the sideline part of the receivers body, so as to avoid the defender. He wasn't completely accurate on the throw, but he certainly wasn't any further off that Weber.

Other notes (a la senior class) appear far more valid.

Was there really a good reason when we got under 6 minutes to go in the 4th, that we didn't run MarQueis out there for some non-gimmick snaps?

Is a red-shirt eminent?

A red shirt is neither eminent (famous in sort of a noble way) nor imminent. He has already taken part in too many games for that.

Is part of the problem that Brewster came out and said that every position was an open competition for starter except QB? I'd wager the average starting QB makes about 25 starts in his career. Weber's made 32. How long do you let him keep regressing before you pull the plug?

Weber used to look somewhat decent when he could get Decker to bail him out with an incredible catch. He can't even get that anymore because he can't throw a half-way accurate pass to him.

Weber has now played 27 2/3 consecutive quarters without throwing a TD pass to someone other than Decker. Does anyone else find that pathetic?

Weber used to look somewhat decent when he could get Decker to bail him out with an incredible catch. He can't even get that anymore because he can't throw a half-way accurate pass to him.

Weber has now played 27 2/3 consecutive quarters without throwing a TD pass to someone other than Decker. Does anyone else find that pathetic?
Stoudemire against Syracuse was the last one? Yikes.

Well, based on the number of rushing TD's we have with our very weak ground game, I'd say that's a product of guys catching the ball and going down inside the 5. Then the RB's get the score.

I'm gonna have to spend more time on the off-topic board where things are much more level-headed. :cool02:

Beyond "balance", why is Brew stressing the run game?

He knows the passing game has regressed steadily, is maddeningly inconsistent and shows no signs of improving IMHO... Weber or Gray.

Why all the love for Weber? I just can't understand all the preaching for patience with Weber and what Grey does in practice. The proof is in wins and losses. Weber continues to struggle every game and is not improving only declining in performance. Not sure why Brew has all this loyalty to Weber unless Gray is just not as good as some of us think he may be. There were opportunities for Brew to give Gray some PT in the last two games and he failed to make an attempt. What does he have to lose at this point?

I think most of the argument isn't from people who love Weber, it's from people who realize that the coaching staff knows an awful lot more about this than we do.

Personally, I thought for sure we'd see Gray in at the end of the game, and I'm disappointed we didn't. I'm not going to pretend I know better than the coaches, though. My biggest concern right now is that either they just don't want to deal with the QB controversy if Gray did well (which would be a bad sign about the coaches), or Gray is just a train-wreck who's obviously not there yet (which could mean really bad things for this team).

I think most of the argument isn't from people who love Weber, it's from people who realize that the coaching staff knows an awful lot more about this than we do.

Personally, I thought for sure we'd see Gray in at the end of the game, and I'm disappointed we didn't. I'm not going to pretend I know better than the coaches, though. My biggest concern right now is that either they just don't want to deal with the QB controversy if Gray did well (which would be a bad sign about the coaches), or Gray is just a train-wreck who's obviously not there yet (which could mean really bad things for this team).

I agree with you about the coaches "should" know who deserves PT and who does not. I also believe some players just perform better during an actual game and until Gray receives an opportunity to showcase his skills we will never truly know. Weber on the other hand we truly all know what he brings to the table and so far he is not improving and if anything he is regressing.

Top Bottom