FootballScoop: Maturi has talked with Hoke, Calhoun, Niumatalolo and Fulmer

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"Minnesota: We are hearing that AD Joel Maturi has talked with Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun. From what we've been told, Maturi has talked with Calhoun, Brady Hoke, Ken Niumatalolo, and Phil Fulmer. We have not confirmed anything about Mississippi State's Dan Mullen. A source near Connecticut tells us, to his knowledge, that Randy Edsall has not talked with Maturi."

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Go Gophers!!

No one seems to notice that for weeks the media types have been telling us Maturi would have to wait until the season is over to talk to the coaches, now they're claiming he's talked to nearly everyone. Just another reason to treat all of this with a grain of salt - though there does appear to be some smoke forming around the same names. Tough to tell though. Many names are the same names we knew of weeks ago, and many of these reports may just be parroting other reports. It's fun to speculate anyway.

I am still very skeptical of all these reports, but that is a hilariously bad list.

I am still very skeptical of all these reports, but that is a hilariously bad list.

I'm sure the search firm spoke with the big names and got the level of interest before Maturi bothered talking to them. If true, it is pretty much exactly the list I would expect.

IF THIS IS TRUE, I'm glad he's at least talking to Niumatalolo. He Calhoun and Hoke were on my top 3 list. I've since replaced Hoke with Mullen. I'm not afraid of running the triple option if Calhoun or Niumatalolo come here and if it is indeed Calhoun, he's shown with prior coaching experience that he can break from that to the pro style if he found it necessary.

I'm still a Calhoun backer. He's by far #1 for me, with Mullen second and Niumatalolo third.

IF THIS IS TRUE, I'm glad he's at least talking to Niumatalolo. He Calhoun and Hoke were on my top 3 list. I've since replaced Hoke with Mullen. I'm not afraid of running the triple option if Calhoun or Niumatalolo come here and if it is indeed Calhoun, he's shown with prior coaching experience that he can break from that to the pro style if he found it necessary.

I'm still a Calhoun backer. He's by far #1 for me, with Mullen second and Niumatalolo third.

You and me both brother.

Top Bottom