FootballScoop: Colorado has interest in Mark Richt

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"Colorado: We hear Colorado officials have interest in Georgia head coach Mark Richt."

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

If Richt is looking to move, I hope we do whatever it takes to give him a soft landing before he's really on the hot seat next season. To me, he's absolutely #1 on the wish list if he's in play.

Go Gophers!!

Interesting that Colorado has been without a coach for less than a week and already we're hearing they are interested in Bellotti and Richt. Meanwhile Minnesota is looking into Sumlin, Esdall and Hoke; 3 candidates who are ok but definitely not as high caliber as the 2 Colorado is interested in.

Interesting that Colorado has been without a coach for less than a week and already we're hearing they are interested in Bellotti and Richt. Meanwhile Minnesota is looking into Sumlin, Esdall and Hoke; 3 candidates who are ok but definitely not as high caliber as the 2 Colorado is interested in.

I think you are right and you are wrong.

I find it interesting that Colorado is already in the thick of things.

Don't forget Minnesota has been linked to Fulmer, Bellotti, Leach and so on. These are just preliminary rumors.

Don't forget Minnesota has been linked to Fulmer, Bellotti, Leach and so on. These are just preliminary rumors.

I don't recall seeing anything specific on Bellotti and Leach. I might have missed it as I've been pretty busy the last couple weeks. Do you have a link?

I don't recall seeing anything specific on Bellotti and Leach. I might have missed it as I've been pretty busy the last couple weeks. Do you have a link?

There is a link somewhere on GH where Bellotti has said he is willing to listen to an MN offer. Very early on, we were linked to Leach, but that has been squashed very quickly.

We very well could still be interested in Richt or Bellotti except our administration has actually kept their mouths shut. Sounds like Colorado is telling anyone who is willing to listen.

We very well could still be interested in Richt or Bellotti except our administration has actually kept their mouths shut. Sounds like Colorado is telling anyone who is willing to listen.

Ur right. They are also telling everyone who will listen that they have no money.

I'm not sure what to believe.

Who has linked us with Bellotti, aside from GH posters? Maybe I'll get excited again!

Ur right. They are also telling everyone who will listen that they have no money.

I'm not sure what to believe.

I found that strange too. They can't pay a top 25 salary, but they want to lure a coach who earns one. Hmm. Maybe they're just trying to throw people off the scent of where they're really going.

Also, for those of you not interested in Hoke, you should check out yesterday's game with TCU.

Colorado is going to hire all the coaches we want before we get to them!

Colorado is going to hire all the coaches we want before we get to them!

That website is full of fake rumors.

Colorado's AD has already stated they dont have the money to make a big splash with their coaching hire. Whoever they hire will be well under $2 Million. A reason why they're considering bringing their ancient HC back from retirement.

This is still the best available job.

It doesn't matter who is reportedly interested in whom. What matters is who is actually interested in whom, and are they being contacted and interviewed. And you and I are not going to know the answers to those questions until a coach has been retained.

Everybody panic! Geez. First off, the big "scoop" probably came from the ESPN "rumor" that Colorado might have an interest in Richt because he lived there when he was a little kid for awhile. This is pure idle speculation and in no way indicates that Colorado is beating us to any candidate.

Top Bottom